This Asian Inspired Broccoli Stir Fry is a quick and easy side dish that goes great with just about anything! The broccoli is stir fried with tons of garlic and ginger then seasoned with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, Thai chili sauce and sriracha!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Why You’ll Love Broccoli Stir Fry
I am always in search of EASY side dishes that go with just about anything and this Broccoli Stir Fry fits the bill. It takes only a couple minutes to throw together and is packed with a lot of flavor!
This broccoli stir fry goes great with any of my asian style recipes like garlic fried rice, sweet and sour chicken or Mongolian beef. It’s also great as a side dish to grilled chicken or salmon! The possibilities are endless.
All you need are a few pantry staples to through this broccoli stir fry together!
Broccoli Stir Fry Ingredients
- Broccoli- Cut your broccoli into evenly sized florets. This will help them cook more evenly.
- Garlic & Ginger- Freshly minced garlic along with fresh ginger are the aromatics that add flavor to the stir fry. You can substitute 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp ground ginger for fresh.
- Soy Sauce- I like to use low sodium soy sauce to control the amount of salt in this dish. If you only have regular soy sauce substitute some of it for a little water.
- Sriracha- I absolutely love sriracha and the spicy kick it adds to this broccoli. Add the sriracha to taste in case you are sensitive to spice. You could also add chili oil or garlic chili sauce.
- Rice Wine Vinegar- Rice wine vinegar adds a hint of tartness and balances the flavors.
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce- Adds a sweetness and thickness to the sauce!
- Sesame Oil– Has a perfectly nutty flavor. A little goes a long way! I always like to finish off a dish with a little extra drizzle of sesame oil before serving as well.
How to Make Broccoli Stir Fry
- Sauté: Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the broccoli florets to the pan and sauté for 5-6 minutes. If the broccoli is turning brown quickly, turn down the heat. Then add in the garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute. If broccoli is not tender yet, add a splash of water to steam the broccoli and help to soften it up.
- Add the Sauce: Add the soy sauce, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, sweet chili sauce, and sesame oil to the pan. Toss to combine the sauce with the broccoli. Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Want even more veggies? You can add other veggies along with the broccoli like bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, and cauliflower!
- For crispy broccoli, make sure you keep your pan on medium high heat so that you get the edges of the broccoli nice and crispy. You want the edges to start to brown, but not too much!
- For more umami flavor, add a splash of fish or oyster sauce!
What To Serve With Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef Fried Rice
- Beef Rice Bowl
- Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- Chinese Fried Rice
- Sesame Beef
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Pepper Steak
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef
Store your leftover broccoli stir fry in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave when you are ready to eat again.
More Vegetarian Recipes to Try
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Air Fryer Vegetables
- Japanese Cucumber Salad
- Rainbow Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
Broccoli Stir Fry
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.Add in broccoli and stir fry for 5-6 minutes. If the broccoli is getting too golden brown lower the heat. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute. If broccoli is still not tender enough add 2 tbsp of water and cover for 1 minute to soften broccoli.
- Stir in soy sauce, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, sweet chili sauce and sesame oil.Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish.