Learn how to make this Easy Bruschetta at home! It's super fresh, light and makes the perfect appetizer or side dish!
- 6 - 7 tomatoes (I like using plum, roma or beefsteak tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- olive oil, for toasting
- 1 clove garlic for rubbing on baguette
Combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, oil, vinegar and basil in a medium bowl, set aside.
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Broil until crispy and lightly toasted. When the baguette comes out of the oven rub each slice with the raw garlic clove.
Top each baguette slice with tomato mixture and serve immediately.