Blackened Shrimp Salad
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large shrimp deveined, tails removed
- 1-2 teaspoons blackening seasoning depending on how spicy you like it
- 4 cups spring mix or your favorite lettuce
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grilled corn
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Honey Jalapeno Dressing, for serving
Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat. Sprinkle shrimp with blackening seasoning. Saute until fully cooked, 3-4 minutes or until opaque.
To assemble the salad fill two bowls with mixed greens. Top with cooked shrimp, black beans, pico de gallo, corn and avocado.
Serve immediately with a drizzle of sour cream, ranch or my Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing.