Creamy 5 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt and Cinnamon is super easy to make and takes only 5 minutes of cooking time! No candy thermometer required! These indulgent bite-sized delights are perfect to give as gifts over the holidays or Valentine’s Day, or whip up a batch for a cold treat in the summer!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite chocolate fudge recipes. It’s super easy, takes only 5 minutes to make, requires only 5 ingredients (all of which you probably already have in your pantry), and doesn’t require a candy thermometer. Check, check, check, and double-check!
One of my favorite things to do every holiday season is to make edible gifts! Whether it’s cookies, bark, or fudge, my friends, family, and neighbors always appreciate a treat and it’s so fun to make and give away! This is the best chocolate fudge recipe for gift giving! You can wrap it up in parchment paper or plastic wrap and pop them in a decorated jar or Tupperware. SO easy!
This easy chocolate fudge recipe is creamy on the inside and firm around the edges with a nice hint of cinnamon. Cinnamon adds a delicious warm depth of flavor that you’ll want to come back to over and over again! Also, I LOVE sweet and salty flavors together! You can skip the sea salt if sweet and salty is not your thing, however, for me, it totally is and makes this fudge 10 x better!
Ingredients for Homemade Chocolate Fudge
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is where the richness and extra creaminess to this easy chocolate fudge recipe comes in! Sweetened Condensed Milk is not runny, and perfect to help the fudge to set properly.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: We have plenty of sweetness coming in with the sweetened condensed milk, so semi-sweet chocolate chips are the perfect companion in this chocolate fudge recipe. Nit too sweet, but plenty of chocolate flavor!
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds warmth, spice, and just a little something different to the aroma.
- Vanilla: A little vanilla balances all of the sweet flavors so well!
- Sea Salt: My favorite trick with desserts! Adding salt elevates flavor so much in most recipes! Just a small sprinkle is all you need.
How to make this easy Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Prep the pan. Firstly, grease an 8 x 8 pan with butter and then place parchment paper on top making sure to overlap the sides. Set aside.
Mix the ingredients in a bain-marie. Secondly, add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and place over a pot filled about halfway with lightly simmering water. You do not want the water and bowl to touch. This method is called a “bain-marie” or “double boiler”. Whisk until the chocolate is melted, which will take about 6 minutes. The mixture will be very thick.
Pour & chill. Next, pour into the prepared pan and place it in the fridge to firm for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Cut & store. Finally, remove the chocolate fudge by running a knife along the edges and lift the fudge out by holding onto the parchment paper. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares. Store the homemade chocolate fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Do I need to keep my chocolate fudge in the refrigerator?
Yes! It has a lot of dairy in it thanks to the sweetened condensed milk, and will keep much longer in the fridge. It also tastes amazing when it’s cold!
Can I add other ingredients to this fudge?
Of course! You can decide how much you’d prefer to add, but I usually start with 1/4 cup, and I like to make sure that everything is in small pieces.
- Macadamia Nuts
- Peanut chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Crushed Cookies (Oreos, gingerbread, shortbread, etc.)
More Dessert recipes you will love!
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- The Best No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Easy Oreo Truffles
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Easy Cream Cheese Truffles
5 Ingredient Fudge with Sea Salt
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt for serving
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan with butter.
- Place parchment paper on top making sure to overlap the sides. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and place over a pot filled about halfway with lightly simmering water. (You do not want the water and bowl to touch).
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted. Takes about 6 minutes. Mixture will be very thick.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place it in the fridge to firm for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the fudge by running a knife along the edges and lift the fudge out by holding onto the parchment paper. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.