Greek Chicken Meatballs are a wholesome dish made of ground chicken, aromatic herbs and spices, garlic and lemon zest to offer a light and savory version of meatballs. Served with tzatziki sauce, these chicken meatballs are a delightful combination of lean protein and vibrant flavors!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Greek Chicken Meatballs
What isn’t to love about flavorful homemade meatballs? These Greek chicken meatballs are packed with flavor thanks to fresh garlic, spices and herbs. Then they are seared to perfection in no time! This easy chicken meatballs recipe is definitely going to be your next go to dinner option.
Not only will you love the flavor, but these are a convenient meal to make when meal prepping for the week! You can divide the meatballs into separate containers each with rice or roasted potatoes and heat them up when you need a fast meal.
- Ground Chicken: Ground chicken keeps these meatballs lean! However, you can use any of ground meat that you prefer. Ground turkey, pork or beef would also work.
- Red Onion: For flavor and a bit of crunchy texture!
- Lemon Zest: Freshly grated lemon zest adds a nice pop of flavor to the meatballs. It really brightens them up!
- Egg: Egg will help the meatballs stay in their shape better!
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs are important in meatballs. When the juice is released from the meat in the cooking process, the breadcrumbs are there to soak it up and keep the meatballs super moist!
- Fresh Parsley: I love to use fresh parsley but dried will do in a pinch. You could also add other fresh herbs if you have them! Fresh dill, basil, thyme, mint or oregano would all be delicious in this!
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic adds the best flavor!
- Dried Dill: Dill makes these Greek meatballs stand out as “Greek”. Fresh dill would work as well!
- Salt & Pepper: To taste!
- For Serving: I recommend serving your Greek chicken meatballs with a bed of rice along with tzatziki sauce, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, feta cheese and kalamata olives!
How to Make the best greek meatballs
- Measure Ingredients: Add the ground chicken, onion, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and seasonings to a large bowl.
- Mix: Mix to combine with your hands or a spoon. Portion out the meatballs into heaping tablespoons. You should get between 14-16 meatballs.
- Sauté: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in meatballs and cook for 4-6 minutes a side or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve: Serve the meatballs immediately with tzatziki sauce, rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and olives! Enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Use a cookie dough scoop! Using a cookie dough scoop to help you form the meatballs will ensure that they are the same size and perfectly round!
- To prevent the meat from sticking to your hands, lightly wet your hands before rolling them into balls!
- Don’t over mix the meat mixture! For tender and moist Greek chicken meatballs, be sure not to over mix the meat mixture. Over mixing can cause the meat to become tough!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bake these meatballs in the oven?
Absolutely! If you prefer to bake these meatballs, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake at 400 F for about 15 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the meatballs using an instant read thermometer. The internal temperatures should be 165!
How should I serve Greek chicken meatballs?
How should I store leftover meatballs?
Store any leftover meatballs in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Simply reheat in the microwave until heated through!
More Meatball Recipes to Try
- Asian-style Chicken Meatballs
- Classic Italian Meatballs
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- The Best Swedish Meatballs
- Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup
Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Add the ground chicken, onion, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and seasonings to a large bowl.
- Mix to combine with your hands or a spoon.Portion out meatballs into heaping tablespoons. You should get between 14-16 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.Add in meatballs and cook for 4-5 minutes a side or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve the meatballs immediately with tzatziki sauce, rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and olives! Enjoy!