Soft and Fluffy Greek Yogurt Waffles. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They take less than 30 minutes to make and are the perfect way to start your day! This easy waffles recipe is perfect for brunch at the weekend. Make a big batch and freeze half for breakfasts throughout the week!
Nothing beats fresh waffles on the weekend! When I purchased a new waffle maker and went a little crazy making waffles. I made everything from chocolate waffles to banana, and then finally these Greek Yogurt Waffles. The Greek Yogurt Waffles were by far my favorite!
- These Greek Yogurt Waffles are the BEST because they are:
- How to make this Healthy Greek Yogurt Waffle recipe:
- How do I freeze waffles?
- Tips for making the BEST waffles every time:
- My favorite toppings for Greek yogurt waffles or pancakes:
- Love these Greek Yogurt Waffles? Give these other breakfast recipes a try!
These Greek Yogurt Waffles are the BEST because they are:
- Quick! Ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
- Easy! Combine your wet and dry ingredients separately then add them together. Pour onto a waffle maker and cook!
- Soft on the inside! So fluffy – the perfect texture!
- Crispy on the outside! I added cornstarch to the batter thanks to this recommendation by Pam Anderson. It really makes a difference. I put my waffles in the oven at 200ºF to keep them crisp while I make the rest of the batch.
- Healthy! The Greek yogurt adds extra protein. You could make them even healthier by adding flaxseed!
- Freezable! Yes, you can make a double batch of these and freeze them later for no-fuss mornings throughout the week.
- Delicious! The Greek yogurt in these waffles gives them an added tang and richness. SO good!
How to make this Healthy Greek Yogurt Waffle recipe:
It’s SUPER easy – just 4 steps!
- Whisk the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately.
- Combine the two and fold gently.
- Pour the batter into a hot waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Once the waffles are cooked, place them in a 200ºF oven while you finish making the batch. This keeps the waffles warm and crispy.
How do I freeze waffles?
- Let the waffles cool completely after cooking.
- Wrap them individually in aluminum foil to help prevent freezer burn.
- Place them in a large ziplock bag in the freezer. These frozen waffles will last for up to 3 months.
To reheat them, simply place them directly in a toaster, toaster oven, or an oven at 200ºF for 10 minutes, or until they are heated thoroughly.
Tips for making the BEST waffles every time:
- Don’t overwork the batter. Whisk until the dry and wet ingredients are just combined! The more you overwork the batter the tougher the waffles will turn out.
- While you are making the waffles keep the ones that are already done in a 200ºF oven to stay nice and crispy and warm.
- Don’t stack waffles on top of one another when they are warm. They will lose their crispiness and get soggy.
My favorite toppings for Greek yogurt waffles or pancakes:
Fruit – cut into small pieces
- Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
Nuts and other toppings – sliced or crushed
- Macadamia nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh Mint
- Brown sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Sauce
- Mixed Berry Compote
- Coconut Cream
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Butter
Love these Greek Yogurt Waffles? Give these other breakfast recipes a try!
- Churro Waffles
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote
- Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
- Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Streusel Pancakes
- Apple Cider Doughnuts
Greek Yogurt Waffles
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar and cornstarch to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and at the wet to the dry.
- Whisk batter until combined. (Make sure not to overmix)
- Add batter to the waffle maker and cook in batches.
- Store cooked waffles in the oven to stay crisp. I place mine directly on the oven rack.
- Serve waffles immediately with whipped cream, fruit and syrup.