You only need 30 minutes to make these light and fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes. This is a sweet breakfast that’s perfect for weekdays, special occasions, and brunch on the weekends. Serve with my homemade mixed berry compote and enjoy!
Love sweet breakfasts as much as I do? The you’ve got to try my Sour Cream Coffee Cake Streusel Muffins and my Blueberry Scones.
Homemade Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote
Remember that Mixed Berry Compote I made recently? Well, I put the leftovers to good use and served them with these amazing Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes. One of my best decisions to-date!
These pancakes are light and fluffy and only take 30 minutes to throw together. They are way better than the box mix, and take just a few minutes to throw together. Greek yogurt makes the batter nice and thick and yields an extra fluffy pancake. It also adds a nice helping of protein to the pancakes too! You can swap the all purpose flour for whole wheat flour for healthier pancakes and even add in some flax seed for some added fiber. For extra berry flavor, you can add berries to the pancakes while they are cooking.
More of a waffles-for-breakfast person? Then serve this Mixed Berry Compote over my Greek Yogurt Waffles!
- Dry Ingredients: You’ll need all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt for these simple homemade pancakes recipe.
- Wet Ingredients: Eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, and pure vanilla extract. Substitute your preferred milk. Soy milk, almond, oat or coconut milk would all work great!
- Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil: For greasing the griddle or skillet.
- Mixed Berry Compote: All you need is mixed berries (frozen or fresh), pomegranate juice, and lime juice. You can substitute lemon juice for the lime juice, if preferred.
How To Make Mixed Berry Compote
It consists of only 3 ingredients and absolutely no added sugar. The sweetness comes from the natural fructose in the berries and 100% fruit juice! Just add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Mash up the fruit as your stirring with the back of your spoon, but leave some whole pieces for texture. If you prefer it smooth like a sauce, mash completely.
Keep the compote warm until you are ready to serve pancakes.
How To Cook Pancakes
To make the fluffy greek yogurt pancakes, simply whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder) and the wet ingredients (eggs, Greek yogurt, milk and vanilla extract) separately. Combine the two, and fold gently until just combined.
Cooking pancakes: Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease with canola oil. Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter onto the skillet or griddle. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Continue cooking until all of the batter is used. I like to add more oil between each batches to prevent sticking.
Serve them plain or drizzled with maple syrup or honey in addition to the simple Mixed Berry Compote.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips into the pancakes while they cook!
- Add a pinch or two of chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts.
- Add a swirl of slightly melted peanut butter to the pancakes as they cook for PB&J vibes!
- Stick with one berry instead of a mixed variety, like strawberries or blueberries.
- Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg for a hint of warm spice.
- For a protein boost drizzle the pancakes with peanut butter!
More Breakfast Recipes To Try
- Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Streusel Pancakes
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Berry Spinach Smoothie
- Herb Scrambled Eggs
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Streusel Muffins
- Homemade English Muffins
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
You only need 30 minutes to make these light and fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes. This is a sweet breakfast that's perfect for weekdays, special occasions, and brunch on the weekends. Serve with my homemade mixed berry compote and enjoy!
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup milk, I used whole milk but any nut milk will work well too
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- canola oil or vegetable oil, for greasing griddle or skillet
Mixed Berry Compote, optional
- 1 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter onto the skillet or griddle. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Continue cooking until all of the batter is used. I like to add more oil between each batches to prevent sticking.Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup or with Homemade Mixed Berry Compote, if desired.
Mixed Berry Compote
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Mash up the fruit as your stirring with the back of your spoon.Keep warm until you are ready to serve pancakes.
Originally published May 18, 2015