Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Made with Greek Yogurt, whole wheat flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips. A healthy and satisfying breakfast!
What’s better than chocolate chip pancakes? Chocolate chip pancakes you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. I lightened up these pancakes by using Greek yogurt, whole wheat flour and added flax seed.
These pancakes are guilt-free, super fluffy, thick and loaded with chocolate chips.
Breakfast is usually pretty boring around my house. During the weekday it typically consists of cereal or if I am feeling a bit crazy maybe toast. During the weekend I like to go all out for breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, breakfast sandwiches and of course bacon.
These pancakes are 100% whole wheat. I also added some flax seed for extra fiber and protein. Baking powder was added to give the pancakes a little lift.
These pancakes are super easy to make. Simply whisk the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately. Combine the two and fold gently. Pour onto a hot griddle or skillet and top with semi- sweet chocolate chips.
These pancakes are incredibly easy. A great breakfast treat for Sunday mornings.
You can serve them plain or drizzled with maple syrup or honey. Anyway you serve them they are awesome!
Here are some more breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg, whisked
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter for greasing griddle or skillet
- Combine flour, flax seed, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or cooking spray. Scoop ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet or griddle. Add chocolate chips to each pancake before flipping, about ½ tablespoon each.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Coat griddle or skillet with more butter in between each batch to prevent sticking.
- Serve immediately with syrup or honey if desired.