Making your own danishes as home has just gotten easier! This Cream Cheese Crescent Danish recipe uses pre-made crescent roll dough to make delicious and easy cream cheese danishes!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Cream Cheese Crescent Danishes
Danishes seem like something super fancy to make, but these cream cheese crescent danishes are made easy with a pre-made crescent roll dough! Topped with a delicious cream cheese filling and your favorite fruity preserves, these cream cheese danishes are the perfect breakfast to make on any occasion!
- Crescent Roll Dough: You will need pre-made crescent roll dough for this recipe. You don’t have to make your own dough, which makes this so easy!
- Cream Cheese: Mixing cream cheese with a few other ingredients makes for a delicious sweet and savory topping.
- Vanilla: Is added for flavor. You could also add in almond extract.
- Lemon Zest: Lemon zest adds flavor and adds a tangy bite to the cream cheese topping!
- Fruit Preserves: You can choose your favorite fruit preserves like apricot, cherry, blueberry, or strawberry.
- For the Glaze: Powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract.
How to Make Cream Cheese Crescent Danishes
- Preheat and prep topping: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Prep the dough: Roll out the crescent roll dough. Pinch the seams together with your fingers.
- Cut the dough: Starting at the shorter end, cut into 6 strips.
- Assemble the danishes: Twist each strip so it looks like a rope, then form it into a circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Create a dent: Make an indent with your finger in each crescent roll.
- Fill: Fill each crescent roll with the cream cheese topping and your favorite fruit preserves.
- Bake: Bake the cream cheese danishes for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the danishes to cool before drizzling with glaze.
- For the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Then, glaze the danishes once they are cooled for added sweetness!
Tips for Success
- Allow time to cool before eating. The cream cheese center needs some time to set before you dig into these cream cheese crescent danishes!
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature before using it. This will cream a smoother, more consistent mixture.
- For added fruity flavors, add fresh berries like blueberries or raspberries to the cream cheese filling!
- Make chocolate chip cream cheese danishes by putting mini chocolate chips into the cream cheese mixture!
Storing, Freezing and Reheating Instructions
- To store: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. When you are ready to eat the danishes, let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
- To reheat: From frozen, reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 7-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn!
More Recipes to Try
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Blueberry Scones
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- French Toast Muffin Cups
- Caramel Pecan Banana Bread
Cream Cheese Crescent Danish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Roll out crescent roll dough. Pinch seams together with your fingers.
- Starting at the shorter end cut into 6 strips.
- Twist each strip so it looks like a rope then form it into a circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Make an indent in the center or each crescent roll.
- Fill with cream cheese filling and top with your favorite preserves.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.Allow the danishes to cool before drizzling with glaze.
- Combine ingredients in small bowl and whisk until smooth.