Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes are easy, quick, and delicious! A soft and moist spiced cake topped with fresh peaches. The perfect summer dessert! Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
mini peach upside down cakes
Is there anything better than individual desserts? You guys love my Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes so I am excited to share these Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes with you! These little cakes are perfectly moist with a hint of spice. If you don’t have peaches you can always substitute whatever fruit you have on hand or what’s in season! Apple, blueberry, strawberry, banana, or pineapple would be amazing in this!
These Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes are freezable, making them a great option if you have a lot of peaches (or other fruit) needing to be used up. Simply allow the cakes to cool after baking, and freeze in a single layer on a baking tray before storing them in an airtight container.
If you have strawberries on hand them make my Mini Strawberry Upside Down Cakes!
- Butter: Butter is used to grease the muffin tray, and it also goes into the peach upside-down cakes themselves to add moisture. You can use spray oil on the muffin tray if desired, but I think butter has a better flavor.
- Sugar: The peaches are coated in light brown sugar to amp up the sweetness, and then light brown and white sugar are both in the cake batter.
- Peaches: Fresh peaches are preferred for this recipe, however, you could use thawed frozen peaches or canned peaches if needed.
- Egg: The egg binds the cake batter together.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract brings warmth and highlights the sweetness in the cake batter.
- Flour: Plain, all-purpose flour is perfect for this recipe.
- Baking powder: Baking powder is a leavening ingredient that helps the cake to rise a little and become fluffy.
- Cinnamon: For a little spice I added some cinnamon. It goes so well with the peaches and warm vanilla notes.
- Milk: Peaches and cream, right? Milk thins the batter out to the right consistency and adds a little richness and creaminess.
how to make mini peach upside down cakes
- Make the topping: Start by making the topping for the cakes: Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the butter and sugar between the 12 muffin tins. (I did this by cutting the butter into 12 little cubes).
- Slice fresh peaches: Next slice enough peaches to cover the bottom of each muffin tin. I did about 4 slices in each. Dice any leftover peach and save for the batter.
- Cream and sugar butter: Next cream butter until light and fluffy. Add in both sugars and cream for an additional 2 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the wet ingredients: Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients: Next, combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternating with the milk.
- Fold in the extra peaches: Fold in the leftover diced peaches by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tin.
- Bake! Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20-24 minutes or until the cakes look golden brown and set.
- Cool: Allow the mini peach upside down cakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then carefully flip the tray to release them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream & enjoy!
- Switch up the fruit! This recipe is delicious with apples, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, strawberries, and pineapple (of course!).
- Grease your muffin tray with spray oil instead of extra butter for speed and to save on a few calories.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To serve leftovers reheat in the microwave for a couple of seconds and serve immediately!
frequently asked questions
Does Peach Upside Down Cake need to be refrigerated?
I recommend keeping the mini peach upside-down cakes ambient (at room temperature) before serving. However, you can store any leftovers in the fridge to keep them for longer if desired.
Do you peel peaches for cake?
I skipped peeling my peaches this time as it was unnecessary and the peel has some great nutrition in it. If you have picky eaters who don’t like the texture of the peel, feel free to remove it before slicing.
Can you freeze upside down peach cake?
Yes! Ensure that the mini peach upside-down cakes have cooled completely before freezing. I like to place them in a single layer on a baking tray to freeze and then store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months. The peaches may brown a little in the freezer. It doesn’t affect the taste, and you can always cover them with whipped cream or ice cream to serve.
Here are more individual desserts to try!
- Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Chocolate Fudge Cakes for Two
- Triple Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
- Individual No-Bake Vanilla Cheesecake
- Individual Mixed Berry Crisp
products i used
Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.Divide the 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup light brown sugar between the 12 muffin tins. (I did this by cutting the butter into 12 little cubes)
- Next slice enough peaches to cover the bottom of each muffin tin. I did about 4 slices in each. Dice any leftover peach and save for the batter. Set aside and start working on your batter.
- Add 1/3 cup butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup light brown sugar to a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream for 3 minutes or until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternating with the milk.
- Fold in the leftover diced peaches by hand. Make sure not to overmix.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until the cakes look golden brown and set.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then carefully flip the tray to release them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream!