150 calorie Individual Mixed Berry Crisp is loaded with fresh cherries, blackberries, and blueberries, and then topped with a delicious, buttery crumble. Make a triple batch of the topping and freeze it for on-demand healthy desserts all summer long! This is an easy, healthy dessert recipe you’ll keep coming back to!
I love taking advantage of the fresh berries throughout the summer season! My Texas Style Blueberry Cobbler is always a hit at potlucks and cookouts, and my reader favorite Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes is topped with fresh, sweet strawberries. They are SO easy to make!
The Best Mixed Berry Crisp
This Individual Mixed Berry Crisp recipe is surprisingly healthy. With a thick layer of fruit and a sprinkle of crumb topping, and just a little sugar, this crisp comes in at only 150 calories per serving! This is exactly the kind of healthy treat I need in my life!
The crumb topping on this berry crisp is made with old-fashioned oats, hazelnut meal, butter, and a smidge of all-purpose flour. If you can’t find the hazelnut meal in the grocery store you can substitute more all-purpose flour or even another alternative flour like almond or coconut. However, if you can find hazelnut flour, it is AMAZING! The hazelnut meal gives the crumb topping a delicious nutty flavor.
For the fruit, I used a mixture of fresh cherries, blackberries, and blueberries. You can substitute frozen berries if you don’t have any fresh on hand, and you can also switch out the berries for your favorites. I’ve included a list below of berries that will work well in this mixed berry crisp recipe.
I like to serve these Individual Mixed Berry Crisp desserts warm with a big scoop of ice cream or whipped cream! It is perfect for summer when berries are fresh!
TIP: If you are like me and do not have a cherry pitter I learned a pretty cool tip from the kitchn. Use a piping tip and place the cherry stem side down. Push the cherry over the tip and the pit should come out. I have to warn you it is a little messy but a great fix when you are in a pinch.
Ingredients for Healthy Mixed Berry Crisp
- Flour: I used two flours to make the topping in this berry crisp recipe: all-purpose flour and hazelnut flour. I love the flavor the hazelnut four adds!
- Oats: Oats help to give a lovely, crumbly texture.
- Sugar: There’s just 1 tbsp of brown sugar in this whole recipe. Healthy desserts are the best!
- Lemon juice: Brings a little tart kick to the berries. It’s delicious!
- Mixed Berries: I added a mixture of fresh blueberries, blackberries, and cherries, but feel free to add any berries you have on hand!
How to make Individual Mixed Berry Crisp
Heat the oven. Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the berry crisp topping. Secondly, combine both flours, oats, brown sugar, and butter to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
Prep the berries. Next, add lemon juice and berries to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
Divide & top. Divide the berries between four ramekins. Top with the crumble mixture.
Bake! Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
Serve. Finally, serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Can I use different berries in this Mixed Berry Crisp recipe?
Sure! Here is a list of berries you can easily pick and choose between:
- Cranberries (You may have to add a little more sugar with these guys!)
Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh?
Yes, you can! Allow them to thaw a little before placing them in the ramekins.
Can I freeze the crumble topping?
Yes! This mixed berry crisp is a great recipe for making a huge batch of the topping and freezing it for later. That way you can make healthy desserts absolutely anytime you like! To freeze, mix the flour, hazelnut flour, oats, sugar, and butter together and place the ingredients in a freezer-friendly ziplock bag. You can freeze it for up to a year! When you’re ready to use it, prepare the fruit in the ramekin, and add the desired amount of the crumble on top before baking.
More healthy dessert recipes you will love
- Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Individual Mixed Berry Crisp
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 cup hazelnut meal / flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed berries I used fresh cherries, blackberries and blueberries
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine both flour, oats, brown sugar and butter to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add lemon juice and berries to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the berries between four ramekins. Top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.