Individual Mixed Berry Crisp loaded with fresh cherries, blackberries and blueberries. A super easy and healthy dessert!
This Mixed Berry Crisp is surprisingly healthy. With a thick layer or fruit and a sprinkle of crumb topping this crisp comes in under 170 calories a serving!
The crumb topping is made with old fashioned oats, hazelnut meal, butter and a smidge of all purpose flour. If you can’t find the hazelnut meal in the grocery store subsistue all purpose flour. The hazelnut meal gives the crumb topping a nice nutty flavor.
For the fruit I used a mixture of fresh cherries, blackberries and blueberries. You can substitute frozen berries if you don’t have any fresh on hand.
If you are like me and do not have a cherry pitter I learned a pretty cool tip from the kitchn. Use a piping tip and place the cherry stem side down. Push over the tip and the pit should come out. I have to warn you it is a little messy but a great fix when you are in a pinch.
Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
Individual Mixed Berry Crisp
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 cup hazelnut meal / flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed berries I used fresh cherries, blackberries and blueberries
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both flour, oats, brown sugar and butter to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add lemon juice and berries to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the berries between four ramekins. Top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!