It doesn’t get easier than these 5-minute Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters! Vegan, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious, this quick and healthy holiday dessert is made with just two simple ingredients.
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
One of my favorite chocolate holiday candies has always been See’s Candies’ dark chocolate almond clusters. As I kid, I remember getting so excited when I started to see the See’s booths pop up in the mall — stocking up was always a winter shopping priority!
Well, I finally decided that I had to figure out how to make my own. Yes, they’re perfect for the holidays, but they are also one of my favorite chocolate candies to enjoy year-round!
So today, I present to you one of my new favorite (and easiest) chocolate recipes EVER. These delicious dark chocolate almond clusters can be made in less than five minutes, require only two ingredients, and are gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
Now, it’s no secret that I am a tried-and-true chocolate lover. Whether I’m baking cookies or cupcakes, whipping up some pumpkin bread, or just making some granola to have on hand as a snack, I personally believe that everything can be made better with chocolate.
And how do you make chocolate even BETTER? Add a little salt and crunch, of course!
Enjoy this Guilt-Free, Healthy Snack
These delicious dark chocolate almond clusters are the perfect combination of sweet and salty with a bit of crunch. They are guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth, plus with dark chocolate and no added sugar, they are a healthy dessert choice that you won’t have to feel guilty about eating!
Did you know dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants and is heart healthy, too? As for the almonds they are high in vitamin E and fiber, which helps reduce the risk of a heart attack and lower bad cholesterol. These sound like excellent reasons to eat a little more chocolate this holiday season, if you ask me!
- Dark chocolate chips: Chocolate chips are literally the glue that holds this treat together. The melty, delicious chocolate goodness coats the almonds in a familiar sweetness you won’t be able to get enough of. Dark chocolate not your jam? You can always substitute with semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- Lightly salted almonds: Technically, you can use any nut (or even cherries). My preference is definitely the lightly salted almonds — I love the texture, shape, and overall taste combination. But the great thing about this simple chocolate candy recipe is that you can customize it to suit your tastes!
- Kosher salt: Consider this the metaphorical cherry on top of this holiday dessert. I like to sprinkle salt on the chocolate clusters while they are still wet, just before putting them in the fridge. They really do finish off the candy perfectly.
How to make Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Melt chocolate: Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or in a small saucepan. I usually put the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and cook in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Add almonds: Once the chocolate is melted, toss in lightly salted almonds and mix until they are coated in chocolate.
- Divide the mix: Portion the clusters into 1 tablespoon mounds on a silicone baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until serving: I like to add a sprinkle of salt to the top of each cluster before they go in the fridge! It’s important to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the clusters can firm up. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve or freeze and take out when guests come over.
Quick Tips for Making these Easy Chocolate Holiday Treats
- Add more flavors! For a twist add some coconut flakes or even peanut butter — YUM! You can always use milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the dark chocolate, too.
- Everyone can enjoy. The best thing about this recipe is everyone can eat it. It’s gluten free, paleo, and vegan — sure to fit any diet.
- Give as holiday gifts! Save time and money on generic holiday candies and give this 5 minute Dark Chocolate Almond cluster a try instead.
If you like this recipe you’ll love my other easy chocolate recipes:
- Triple Chocolate Brownie For Two
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate S’mores Pretzels
- Peanut Butter Reese’s and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
It doesn't get easier than these 5-minute Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters! Vegan, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious, this quick and healthy holiday dessert is made with just two simple ingredients.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup lightly salted almonds
- sprinkle of kosher salt
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments until fully melted.
- Add almonds to the melted chocolate and mix until coated.
- Portion the clusters into 1 tablespoon mounds on a silicone baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve or freeze for later.