Made with only 4 ingredients, this Creamy Peanut Butter and Nutella Milkshake is rich, and extremely decadent. Chocolate and peanut butter is already one of the best flavor combinations, but adding hazelnut takes it over the edge! It takes less than 5 minutes to make this easy dessert recipe and you’ll probably have the ingredients on hand already. Milkshakes are great anytime, especially to cool down in the summer!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Peanut Butter Milkshake with Nutella
Is there a combination better than Chocolate and Peanut Butter? I think not.
Peanut Butter and Nutella go so well together. Especially in a milkshake. The rich nuttiness of the peanut butter and hazelnuts laced with a hint of chocolate is just SO addictive! This Peanut Butter & Nutella Milkshake is creamy, extra thick, and fudgy. A quick dessert when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The secret to the creaminess in this peanut butter milkshake recipe? No ice is added. Ice waters it down and makes it too runny for my taste. Thick and creamy is what I am after so instead I add ice cream. The texture has the best mouthfeel and is absolutely delicious!
This recipe has only 4 ingredients and is so simple to make, most that you’ll already have on hand. Start by picking your favorite vanilla or chocolate ice cream. I used vanilla ice cream in this recipe but you can always go EXTRA chocolate and use chocolate ice cream. Then all you need is peanut butter, Nutella, and a milk of your choice – really any will work! Vanilla soy would taste amazing in this milkshake recipe!
For a fancy twist, garnish with whipped cream or a chocolate drizzle. I made my chocolate drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and a touch of milk to get the desired consistency, and just swirled it on top. You could also use store-bought chocolate sauce if you have that on hand.
Serve with a straw or a spoon and dig in!
Ingredients for this Nutella Peanut Butter Milkshake
- Ice Cream: In this recipe, I added creamy vanilla ice cream, however, you can kick up that chocolate flavor by adding chocolate ice cream! Other flavors that would work are salted caramel, peanut butter, praline, and cookies & cream.
- Peanut Butter: You’ll want to use creamy peanut butter for this recipe to create that smooth, velvety texture.
- Nutella: Nutella is a spread made of hazelnuts and chocolate. It is so delicious!
- Milk: Any kind of milk will work! Whole, 2%, vanilla soy, almond, or even chocolate milk!
How to Make a Peanut Butter and Nutella Milkshake
- Chill the glasses. Firstly, pop the glasses you’ll be serving this peanut butter milkshake in into the freezer. This will keep the milkshakes icy cold for longer.
- Add to blender. Secondly, add vanilla ice cream, creamy peanut butter, Nutella, and milk to a blender.
- Blend! Next, blend the ingredients until thick, creamy, and smooth. You can use a regular blender, hand blender, or food processor. Make sure to scrape down the sides.
- Serve! Finally, serve immediately in the chilled glasses. Garnish with chocolate sauce if desired.
Which milk is used for milkshakes?
You can use whatever milk you have on hand for this Peanut Butter Nutella Milkshake, however, they will taste a little different depending on what you use. Whole milk or oat milk will be extra creamy, whereas thinner kinds of milk like almond milk and soy milk will have less of a thick consistency, but may save you on a few calories!
How do you thicken a milkshake?
There are a few ways to create a thick and creamy milkshake:
- Don’t add any ice. Ice will water the milkshake down as it melts.
- Add more ice cream. If you’ve made the recipe and want the consistency of this Nutella peanut butter milkshake to be even thicker, add a little more ice cream!
- Add frozen fruit. A slightly healthier tip, adding a frozen banana or avocado will make this milkshake super thick, and provide a little extra nutrition. Win-win!
Here are more delicious dessert recipes to try!
- The BEST Brownies
- Texas Style Blueberry Cobbler
- Easy S’mores Bars
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- Yellow Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter and Nutella Milkshake
- Add the vanilla ice cream, creamy peanut butter, Nutella and milk to a blender.
- Blend until thick and creamy. Make sure to scrape down the sides. Serve immediately in chilled glasses. Garnish with chocolate sauce if desired.