A Super Colorful Heirloom Tomato Ricotta Tart. Ripe tomatoes layered on top of flaky puff pastry and smothered with herbed ricotta cheese. Top with fresh basil and parmesan cheese!
There’s nothing better than juicy ripe tomatoes. Especially when you have a surplus of them. We have been making anything and everything will all of the tomatoes from the garden. Homemade salsa, tomato sauce, even tomato chutney.
However will all of the tomatoes in the garden I really wanted to have heirloom tomatoes at least once this summer. I traveled to three stores to find these beauties! It was totally worth it.
This Tomato Ricotta Tart couldn’t be simpler! I use pre-made frozen puff pastry as the base. I mixed ricotta cheese with tons of herbs and parmesan cheese and spread it on top of the puff pastry. It’s creamy, tangy and goes perfectly with the fresh juicy sweet tomatoes.
This tart is super simple to make yet still impressive enough to serve for a crowd.
Simply cook the puff pastry according to package instructions and allow to cool. Spread with the herb ricotta mixture and top with heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil. Slice, serve and devour!
Love this Heirloom Tomato Ricotta Tart? Here are some more appetizers to try!
- Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- Spicy Chipotle Guacamole
- Caprese Crostini with Blistered Tomatoes and Smoked Mozzarella
Heirloom Tomato Ricotta Tart
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced heirloom tomatoes
- basil for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Defrost puff pastry according to package instructions. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake until golden brown about 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven and cool completely.
- Combine ricotta cheese, parmesan, chives, Italian seasoning, onion and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread herb ricotta mixture onto cooled puff pastry leaving a 1-inch crust around the edges.
- Top with sliced heirloom tomatoes and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Slice and serve immediately with basil for garnish, if desired.