These Turkey Cheese Sliders are a delicious and convenient way to use up those holiday turkey leftovers! With layers of turkey, melty cheese, and a delicious brown butter glaze brushed on top, you will turn that leftover turkey into a whole new meal to feed a crowd!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best Turkey Cheese Sliders Recipe
If you have leftover turkey in your fridge but you are sick of having the same holiday meal over again, then you should absolutely turn that leftover turkey into some turkey cheese sliders! It is super easy, packed with flavor, and they are extra great if you have family in town and have to feed a crowd.
What makes these sliders extra easy is using Hawaiian rolls that are all attached to each other, so you make one big sandwich in the oven and then slice into 12 rolls after it comes out of the oven!
Even if you don’t have any leftover turkey on hand, these would still be super delicious with deli turkey or even leftover holiday ham!
I really take these up a notch with a browned butter glaze that is packed with extra flavor from Worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard. If you need to transform leftover turkey or cheese, this easy sliders recipe is definitely for you!
- Kings Hawaiian Rolls: You need a package of Hawaiian rolls like Kings! These are super soft and so yummy for homemade sliders.
- Leftover Turkey: This is a great recipe to use leftover turkey after holidays like Thanksgiving, but you can also use turkey deli meat here!
- Havarti Cheese: Havarti is a mild, melty cheese. You can use any of your favorite melty cheese!
- Unsalted Butter: I like to make a brown butter mixture to brush the sliders with for added flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adding Worcestershire sauce to the unsalted butter adds some tangy umami flavor!
- Dijon Mustard: Dijon mustard adds an extra kick of flavor.
- Light Brown Sugar: This helps the sliders get slightly caramelized and goes nicely with the savory flavors of the turkey and cheese.
- Everything Seasoning: For a bit of crunch on the buns!
- Cranberry Mayo: This is optional, but these turkey cheese sliders are delicious dipped in a bit of homemade cranberry mayo. Simple mix together some leftover cranberry sauce and a little mayonnaise!
How to Make Turkey Cheese Sliders
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice Rolls: Slice the rolls in half, making sure to keep the buns attached to each other.
- Make the Butter Mixture: Add the butter to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, making sure to keep a close eye on it. Continue to cook until the butter turns a golden brown color. Remove from the heat and add in the Worcestershire, mustard and brown sugar. Whisk to combine, making sure to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Assemble: Layer the bottom half of the rolls into the prepared baking dish. Top with turkey, cheese and then the tops of the buns.
- Brush with Butter: Brush the butter mixture on top of the rolls. I like to brush some along the sides as well. If there is any extra left, lift up the top of the rolls and pour it on top of the cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with Seasoning: Sprinkle the top of the rolls with everything seasoning.
- Bake: Cover with boil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the turkey is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve: Serve with the cranberry mayo or leftover turkey gravy for dipping if desired.
Tips for Success
- Generally, you should plan for about 2-3 sliders per person, so plan accordingly!
- Don’t like havarti cheese? No problem! You can use Swiss, white American cheese, provolone, or any sliced cheese that you prefer!
- To prep ahead of time, assemble the sandwiches in the baking dish without brushing the tops with the butter mixture. Place them covered in the fridge for up to 1 day. When you are ready to bake them, brush them with the butter mixture and bake!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do turkey cheese sliders last in the fridge?
These turkey cheese sliders can last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days! But keep in mind, if you are using leftover meat, you want to take the amount of time it has been in the fridge into inconsideration.
What is the best way to reheat leftover sliders?
Leftover sliders are best reheated in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer until heated through. If you reheat in the microwave, they will be a little soft and potentially soggy!
If you are wondering what goes good with oven-baked turkey cheese sliders, I got you! Here are some of my absolute favorite things to serve alongside these easy sliders:
- French Fries
- Potato Salad
- Parmesan Crust Potatoes
- Creamy Dill Cucumber Salad
- Baked Beans
- Homemade Potato Chips
- Mac & Cheese
More Easy recipes to try
- Easy Pita Pizza
- Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- French Dip Sandwiches
- Best Dinner Rolls
Turkey Cheese Sliders
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.Slice the rolls in half making sure to keep the buns attached to each other.
- Add the butter to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes making sure to keep a close eye on it. Continue to cook until the butter turns a golden brown color.Remove from the heat and add in the Worcestershire, mustard and brown sugar.Whisk to combine making sure to scrape the brown bites off the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the bottom half of the rolls into the prepared baking dish.Top with turkey, cheese then the tops of the buns.
- Brush the butter mixture on top of the rolls. I like the brush some along the sides as well. (If there is any extra left lift up the top of the rolls and pour it on top of the cheese slices).Sprinkle the top of the rolls with everything seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the turkey is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the cranberry mayo or leftover gravy for dipping if desired.
- Combine the cranberry sauce and mayonnaise in a small bowl, set aside.