Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. Super moist, soft and loaded with chocolate chips! A great way to use up zucchini from your garden!
When your garden gives you tons of zucchini make zucchini bread!
There’s nothing better than zucchini bread. Especially when it’s loaded with chocolate chips. I played around with this recipe a few times. Less flour, more zucchini, different oven temps and baking methods. I ultimately settled on a batter with less flour, a higher oven temp and more zucchini! I also added greek yogurt for a super soft and moist bread. You would never guess there is zucchini in this!
This chocolate chip zucchini bread is AMAZING! Not too sweet, soft on the inside and crisp and crunchy on the corners (the end piece is my favorite!)
A couple tips I’ve found when making zucchini bread:
- Don’t over mix the batter. Just like cakes and cookies over mixing will lead to a tougher bread.
- Keep the oven door shut. Continuously opening the oven door will cause the bread to sink.
- Make sure bread is fully cooked before taking it out of the oven. If the bread is undercooked it will sink in the middle.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, both sugars, greek yogurt and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bread and serve!