Soft and Fluffy Greek Yogurt Waffles. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They take less than 30 minutes to make and are the perfect way to start your day!
Happy Saturday! Let’s eat some waffles!
I recently purchased a new waffle maker and went a little crazy making waffles. My first attempt at homemade waffles started with chocolate waffles, then came banana and finally these Greek Yogurt Waffles. The Greek Yogurt Waffles were by far my favorite. They turned out soft and fluffy on the inside and are crisp on the outside.
One thing I came across a lot when making waffles was that they weren’t getting crispy on the outside. There’s nothing worse than a limp soggy waffle. To fix the problem I researched tricks for a crisp waffle and came upon this recipe by Pam Anderson. She has found that adding cornstarch to the batter helps to keep the waffles nice and crispy.
Greek yogurt adds a nice tang and richness to the waffles. It also provides an added boost of protein. Make it even healthier and add in some flax seed!
Freeze any leftovers and reheat for a quick weekday breakfast or dinner (I won’t judge).
To make these waffles simply whisk the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately. Combine the two and fold gently. Pour into a hot waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
Once the waffles are done place them in a 200 degree oven while the rest of the waffles are cooking. This keeps the waffles warm and crispy.
A couple tips for making the best waffles every time:
- Don’t overwork the batter. Whisk until the dry and wet ingredients are combined that’s it.
- Keep waffles warm in a 200 degree oven to stay crisp.
- Don’t stack waffles on top of one another when they are warm. They will loose their crispiness.
You can serve them plain or drizzled with maple syrup or honey. Or top with my Mixed Berry Compote!
Treat yourself to a big stack of these Greek Yogurt Waffles!
Love these Greek Yogurt Waffles? Give these other breakfast recipes a try!
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote
- Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
- Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Greek Yogurt Waffles
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar and cornstarch to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and at the wet to the dry.
- Whisk batter until combined. (Make sure not to overmix)
- Add batter to the waffle maker and cook in batches.
- Store cooked waffles in the oven to stay crisp. I place mine directly on the oven rack.
- Serve waffles immediately with whipped cream, fruit and syrup.