You don’t have to be a trained pastry chef to make chocolate croissants. This Choclaterolate Stuffed Pie Crust Crescents recipe comes together in just 20 minutes, making it an easy, delicious dessert to make any day of the week for any occasion. Plus, it’s totally customizable!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Easy and Delicious Homemade Chocolate Croissants
Yes, this just happened. Chocolate stuffed in a pie crust (homemade or frozen) and rolled into the shape of crescent rolls. There is just one word for these. Amazing!
They are a cross between a cookie and a crescent roll, similar to the French delicacy, pains au chocolat, or chocolate croissants. They are the perfect bite-sized dessert. These Chocolate Stuffed Crescents Rolls are super easy to whip up and take less than 20 minutes start to finish to make with only 4 ingredients — semisweet chocolate chips, pie crust dough, an egg, and coarse sugar as a garnish. Best served hot from the oven with a tall glass of cold milk. Yum!
All you need to make these simple and delicious chocolate hand pies are:
- Frozen pie crust (Puff pastry or pre-made crescent rolls can be substituted. Just note that cooking temps and times may vary.)
- Semisweet chocolate chips (Dark chocolate chunks or chips would also work.)
- An egg (Makes them golden brown on top and locks in the chocolate.)
- Coarse sugar (For garnish)
How To Make Chocolate Hand Pies
The recipe starts with pre-made pie crust, which I cut into triangles with a pizza cutter. (If you’re anything like me, you always have frozen pie dough in the freezer.) Sprinkle each triangle with a generous helping of chocolate chips. Roll them up and brush with an egg wash. Place them in the oven, and bake until golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and a drizzle of melted chocolate.
Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 4 days.
The beauty of this recipe is using what you have on hand and making a quick dessert. This recipe is perfect for those unexpected guests or when you have a sweet tooth to satisfy!
- Not a chocolate lover? Swap the semisweet chocolate chips for butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, caramel, fruit, or jam. You can even sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar for a makeshift cinnamon roll!
- Want more mix-ins? Go for it! Turn these into s’mores hand pies by adding some mini marshmallows and graham cracker pieces! Or mix in some chopped nuts, different baking chips, or fruit.
- Looking for a fried hand pie? You can definitely deep-fry these bad boys in some canola oil or even cook them in your air fryer. Chocolate will leak, so be prepared for that.
More Chocolate Recipes To Try
Love this Chocolate Stuffed Pie Crust Crescents recipe? Here are some more dessert recipes to try:
- Mini Cheesecakes Cupcakes
- Chocolate Frosted Brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Stuffed Pie Crust Crescents
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the pie crust into 12 triangles with a pizza cutter.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Sprinkle each triangle with chocolate chips. (I did about 1 tablespoon on each)
- Reserve the rest of the chocolate chips for melting and drizzling on top. (Melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals until melted).
- Roll into a crescent starting at the wide end.
- Brush each crescent with egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a drizzle of chocolate for serving, if desired.