Chocolate Stuffed Pie Crust Crescents. Semi-sweet chocolate chips stuffed into pie crust and rolled up into mini crescent rolls. A super easy dessert that can be made in under 20 minutes!
Yes this just happened. Chocolate stuffed in pie crust and rolled into the shape of crescent rolls. There is just one word for these. Amazing.
They are a cross between a cookie and a crescent roll. They are a perfect bite size dessert. These Chocolate Stuffed Crescents Rolls are super easy to whip up and take less than 20 minutes start to finish to make. This recipe is a keeper.
The recipe starts with pre-made pie crust which I cut into triangles with a pizza cutter. If your anything like me you always have frozen pie dough in the freezer. Sprinkle each triangle with a generous helping of chocolate chips. Roll them up and brush with egg wash. Place them in the oven and bake until golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and a drizzle of melted chocolate.
Puff pastry or pre-made crescent rolls can be substituted. Just note that cooking temps and times may vary. The beauty of this recipe is using what you have on hand and making a quick dessert. Perfect for those unexpected guests or when you have a sweet tooth to satisfy.
Gooey, melted chocolate chips stuffed into buttery pie crust. The perfect combination.
They are best served hot with a tall glass of milk! Enjoy!
Love these Chocolate Stuffed Pie Crust Crescents? Here are some more dessert recipes to try!
Chocolate Stuffed Pie Crust Crescents
- 1 9-inch pie crust, homemade or frozen
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips will have some leftover, use this for melting and drizzling on top
- 1 egg whisked
- coarse sugar for decoration if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the pie crust into 12 triangles with a pizza cutter.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Sprinkle each triangle with chocolate chips. (I did about 1 tablespoon on each)
- Reserve the rest of the chocolate chips for melting and drizzling on top. (Melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals until melted).
- Roll into a crescent starting at the wide end.
- Brush each crescent with egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a drizzle of chocolate for serving, if desired.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!