Flourless Pumpkin Muffins are a deliciously moist, gluten-free twist on the classic fall treat. Pumpkin is combined with warm spices and good-for-you ingredients for a guilt-free muffin! Plus these can be made in the blender so they come together in minutes!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Flourless Pumpkin Muffins
Flourless pumpkin muffins are the fall treat you didn’t know you needed! These are completely gluten-free, oil-free, and butter-free! Which means this fall, you have a treat with all the pumpkin pie flavor you want in an easy to make, healthy muffin! Plus, this is a one-bowl (or one blender) muffin recipe that is super easy to make in just 30 minutes.
My flourless pumpkin muffins recipe is sweetened with natural sweeteners like maple syrup and honey and has the added sugar of chocolate chips. But if you don’t want the chocolate chips in there, you can definitely substitute them with dried fruit or chopped nuts!
These flourless chocolate chip pumpkin muffins use simple ingredients for a simple yet delicious muffin. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure to use pumpkin puree that is 100% pumpkin, and not pumpkin pie filling!
- Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter works best here. You can substitute this with any of your favorite nut butters!
- Egg: Egg give these muffins structure!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Pumpkin pie spice adds warming flavors that remind me of fall.
- Maple Syrup & Honey: The combination of maple syrup and honey naturally sweeten these pumpkin muffins.
- Vanilla Extract: For flavor!
- Baking Soda: Baking soda helps these muffins to rise a bit in the oven.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: I used semi-sweet mini chocolate chips!
how to make flourless pumpkin muffins
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Blend: Add all of the ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, 2 minutes.
- Add Chocolate Chips: Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide: Divide the batter between the 12 muffins, they should be 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins look set.
- Cool: Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Don’t swap out the eggs! The egg in this recipe is what give the muffins structure, so I don’t recommend swapping out the egg for an egg replacement in this recipe. Unfortunately that means these muffins are not vegan.
- Replace the chocolate chips! You can definitely change out the chocolate chips for other things like nuts, raisins or other dried fruit. Or, leave them out all together!
- Serve your gluten-free pumpkin muffins with a homemade pumpkin spice latte for the ultimate fall-inspired breakfast or snack!
frequently asked questions
Are flourless pumpkin muffins healthy?
Traditional pumpkin muffins are made with flour, sugar, and butter or oil, so they aren’t particularly healthy. These flourless pumpkin muffins are slightly healthier, since they don’t use lots of sugar or fat. However, like everything, these muffins are only healthy when consumed in moderation!
Can you freeze pumpkin muffins?
Definitely! To freeze them, allow them to cool completely before placing them in a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze them for up to 4 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature when you are ready to eat them.
How should I store pumpkin muffins?
To store, place muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
recipes to use up leftover pumpkin puree
More Muffin Recipes to Try!
Flourless Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.Add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffins, they should be 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins look set.Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.