This One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet is a super easy and healthy meal ready in under 30 minutes! Try it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s great anytime, and can easily be made keto-friendly or gluten-free.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
I love one-pan meals because they are super easy to make and the clean-up couldn’t be easier! This easy one-skillet meal is loaded with potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, and sausage. The veggies and sausage are cooked over high heat in the skillet so they turn out crispy and caramelized on the outside. They are perfectly seasoned with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
This is a super easy and healthy meal that comes together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for busy families during the week or even on the weekend. It’s also a great recipe for meal prep!
If you’re looking for a sausage potato hash recipe for breakfast, this recipe is great for that too! Serve it with a sunny-side-up runny egg. It is delicious!
- Ghee or unsalted butter: This is added so the ingredients like potatoes don’t stick to the bottom of the pan while sautéing. If you’re on a paleo diet, ghee is perfect for this One Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe.
- Baby potatoes: Potatoes add heart and comfort to this recipe! They take on the flavor of the sausage and taste amazing.
- Protein: I added andouille sausage, however, you can also substitute your favorite sausage like chicken sausage for something a little lighter!
- Vegetables: This healthy sausage skillet recipe is loaded with veggies! Zucchini, red, yellow, and green bell peppers are my veggies of choice. They go so well together.
- Seasonings: Garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper give this hearty breakfast recipe an extra flavor boost.
How to make this One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Start by heating ghee or butter over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook until golden brown and tender, about 7-10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the sausage to the same pan and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Set it aside with the potatoes.
- Add in the zucchini and bell peppers. Sauté until tender for 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the potatoes and sausage back into the pan along with the Italian seasoning and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. I love to serve mine with freshly grated parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes for a little kick!
Can I use frozen vegetables?
I prefer to use fresh vegetables in this recipe. Frozen veggies can sometimes turn out mushy and watery in this dish.
How do I reheat the leftovers?
The best way to reheat leftovers is in a skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil or butter. This will help crisp back up the potatoes and veggies. If you reheat them in the microwave, they can get a little soggy and mushy.
Variations of One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Protein: Chicken sausage, boneless chicken thighs, shrimp, and cubed steak would all be great in this! You can even omit the sausage and serve it with my Honey Garlic Salmon for an easy dinner!
- Vegetables: Cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, yellow squash, and carrots would all be good substitutions. I like to use whatever vegetables are in season or that I already have in the refrigerator.
- Vegetarian: To make this recipe vegetarian simply omit the sausage. For a protein boost, serve the hash with a fried egg on top!
- Potatoes: Substitute sweet potatoes or omit potatoes altogether for a low-carb keto-friendly meal!
- Spices: For a kick add a sprinkle of cayenne or paprika. Cajun seasoning would go great with this!
Tips for Success
- Store this One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet recipe in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in a skillet rather than the microwave so the veggies don’t become mushy.
- Add your favorite kind of sausage! I used andouille because I love the taste, however, any will be great. I love the idea of chicken and apple sausage in this!
- Need this to be gluten-free? Try a gluten-free sausage. There are plenty of tasty ones out there! I can’t really tell the difference between one with breadcrumbs and one without anymore.
- Clear out the vegetables in your fridge! This recipe is a great way of using up vegetables that need to be eaten.
How long do you cook sausage in a skillet?
For this recipe, I slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces to help them cook a little quicker. All they need is about 5 minutes until they are golden brown.
How do you tell if a sausage is cooked?
Whether it’s a whole sausage link or sliced into pieces, the sausage will no longer be pink in the middle when it is ready to eat. Cook any meat containing pork and chicken to prevent food poisoning. If in doubt, you can check the internal temperature by poking in a meat thermometer. When it reads 165°F, you’re good to go!
Here are more Easy One Skillet recipes to try!
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
- Easy One Pan Mexican Pasta
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Chicken Marsala
One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee or butter over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook until golden brown and tender. About 7-10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the sausage to the same pan and cook until browned, 5 minutes, set aside with the potatoes.
- Add in the zucchini and bell peppers. Sauté until tender 3-4 minutes.Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the potatoes and sausage back into the pan along with the Italian seasoning and onion powder.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.