One Pan Meatball Stroganoff
One Pan Meatball Stroganoff. Tender meatballs, egg noodles and mushrooms tossed in a creamy rich sauce. A quick and delicious dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
Looking for more Meatball Recipes? Then give my Homemade Italian Meatballs or my Asian Style Turkey Meatballs a try!
This One Pan Meatball Stroganoff is comfort food at it’s finest. Tender meatballs tossed with egg noodles and mushrooms in a creamy, rich sauce. This is a dish your whole family will love!!
For this recipe I used frozen meatballs to keep this dinner super simple. If you prefer to use homemade meatballs you can use my Salisbury Steak Meatball Recipe or my Chicken Meatballs recipe! Just leave out the sauce ingredients, broil the meatballs and add them to the dish!
What you’ll need for Meatball Stroganoff
- Onion: Diced yellow onion packs in a ton of flavor! White or red onion would be perfect in this recipe as well. Use what you have on hand!
- Cremini mushrooms: Shitake, button, or a mushroom blend would also work just fine!
- Garlic: I use a whopping 4 garlic cloves. Feel free to throw in even more if you are a garlic lover like me.
- Beef stock: Adds nice savory umami to this dish. You can use vegetable stock or chicken stock if you don’t have any beef broth.
- Meatballs: You can substitute frozen turkey or chicken meatballs or make your own!
- Paprika: I use regular paprika but for a twist try smoked paprika. It’s delicious in stroganoff.
- Wide egg noodles: These are the typical noodle used for any stroganoff however any type of pasta will work. You can always use elbow, orecchiette, penne, or rigatoni.
- Sour cream: This is what makes this dish so rich and creamy! Creme fraiche or Greek yogurt are good substitutes if needed.
- Parsley: For garnish, if desired.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: For serving!
How to make Meatball Stroganoff
- Heat the pan: Start by heating a large pot or pan over medium-high heat. Add in olive oil.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions: Add in the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onion starts to get tender.
- Add garlic: Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in more ingredients: Add in beef stock, frozen meatballs (no need to defrost), paprika, and egg noodles.
- Simmer: Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed, the noodles are tender and the meatballs are heated through.
- Sour Cream: Add in the sour cream and mix together until incorporated.
- Season, garnish, and serve! Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with fresh chopped parsley and parmesan cheese!
Tips for making Meatball Stroganoff
- Use frozen meatballs! They can be cooked straight in the sauce from frozen, and if you make your own this Meatball Stroganoff recipe will taste even better!
- Egg noodles are ideal for this recipe, however, you can add whatever pasta you have on hand. Elbow, orecchiette, penne, or rigatoni are great pasta shapes to try.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave, a pot on the stove, or in the oven until it is heated through.
Can I use cream instead of sour cream in stroganoff?
Yes, you can! You can also substitute creme fraiche or Greek Yogurt if needed.
What is stroganoff sauce made of?
For this Meatballs Stroganoff recipe, I added onion, mushrooms, beef stock, paprika, and sour cream. It’s a really simple dish!
How do you thicken stroganoff sauce?
This meatball stroganoff sauce should thicken on its own, however, if it isn’t you can thicken it by making a cornstarch slurry made of cornstarch and a little water. Just mix the cornstarch and water together separately first and then stir it into the rest of the sauce. I start with one teaspoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of water.
- Garlic Green Beans
- Air Fryer Vegetables
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Italian Salad
- Focaccia Bread
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Dinner Rolls
Here are more One Pan Recipes to try!
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Rice
- One Pan Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- One Pan Mexican Pasta
One Pan Meatball Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 pound frozen meatballs I used beef meatballs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish if desired
- grated parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Add oil to a large pan or pot. Heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add in the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onion starts to get tender. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in beef stock, frozen meatballs (no need to defrost), paprika and egg noodles.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, the noodles are tender and the meatballs are heated through.
- Add in the sour cream and mix together until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with parsley for garnish, if desired.