Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes. Tender strip steak seared in a garlic butter sauce alongside crispy wedge potatoes. The perfect one skillet meal!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes is the best one skillet meal! Everything is cooked in one pan making for easy clean up! I start by cooking the potatoes first over medium heat until they are golden brown on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside.
The steak and potato wedges are seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning.
When the potatoes are done I remove them from the pan and set aside. To the same skillet I add butter and once the pan is nice and hot I add the steak. The trick to making the steak bites is a super hot pan. The steak bites only cook for 1-2 minutes at most on each side. I like mine to still be a bit pink on the inside. They will also continue to cook as they cool. I also cook the steak in two batches. This allows the steak to get crispier and develop that golden crust on the outside.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
- 1 pound strip steak
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- parsley for serving, if desired
- Combine all the seasoning in a small bowl. Season the steak and potatoes with the seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add potatoes and cook on medium heat until golden brown and tender on the inside. If the potatoes start getting too brown turn down the heat or add a bit more oil to the pan. Once the potatoes are fully cooked remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same skillet heat 1½ tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Once the pan is really hot add half of the steak and cook 1-2 minutes on each side. (If the steak is getting too brown turn down the heat some) Remove the steak from the skillet and place on the plate with the potatoes and set aside.
- Cook the remaining steak with the remaining 1½ tablespoons of butter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces if desired and a sprinkle of parsley.