Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes are a delicious healthy alternative to traditional fried potatoes. Tossed in bold spices and air fried to crispy perfection, these sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish to pair with any meal!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes Recipe
If you love sweet potatoes as much as me, you are in for a treat with these crispy air fryer sweet potatoes! I love using the air fryer to make sweet potatoes, because it ensures that they get super crispy on the outside with a soft and fluffy center on the inside.
The flavor profile of sweet potatoes is balanced perfectly with bold spices like garlic powder and paprika, so you have a delicious sweet and salty combination! These sweet potatoes are flavorful enough to be enjoyed on their own with some ketchup or your favorite dipping sauces. They go great with scrambled eggs in the morning, bowls, salads or as a side dish to your favorite protein.
- Sweet Potatoes: I used about 2 large sweet potatoes here. It is up to you if you want to peel them or not. If you don’t peel them, make sure you scrub them well to remove any dirt.
- Olive Oil: Or any cooking oil will work!
- Garlic Powder & Onion Powder: Garlic and onion powder both add a depth of flavor and make the roasted sweet potatoes more savory!
- Paprika: Paprika adds a hint of chili flavor without being too spicy!
- Salt & Pepper: To taste!
How to Make sweet potatoes in the air fryer
- Preheat: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the metal insert with non stick cooking spray.
- Dice & Season: Dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Add the cubed sweet potatoes, olive oil, and seasonings to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Air Fry: Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-15 minutes shaking the basket a couple times or until tender and crispy.
how to make the best sweet potatoes
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer! If you need to, air fry these sweet potatoes in batches. If the air fryer is over crowded, they won’t get crispy!
- Serve them right away, because they will soften as they cool!
- Switch up the spices! For spicy roasted sweet potatoes, add a pinch of cayenne. Or, you can make them sweet by cooking them in cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I pair with roasted sweet potatoes?
These roasted sweet potatoes can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner! For breakfast, try pairing them with a sunny-side up egg and bacon. For lunch, they would go well with a sandwich like a California grilled cheese or a tuna sandwich! Or, use them in a satisfying harvest salad. And for dinner, they would accompany some simple grilled chicken with garlic green beans!
How do you dice sweet potatoes?
To safely dice sweet potatoes into one inch cubes, first slice the sweet potatoes in half length-wise. You will have two halves that can be placed cut-side down on the cutting board. Then slice in one inch slices down the length of the sweet potato. Then, keeping the pieces together, slice one inch sections across the potato to make cubes!
Are you supposed to eat sweet potatoes with the skin on?
This is totally up to you! I prefer to peel my sweet potatoes when making air fryer sweet potatoes, but you can definitely keep them on if you prefer. They offer a lot of nutrients! If you keep the peel on, just make sure to clean and dry the potato before dicing it.
Are sweet potatoes healthy?
Yes! Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamin B-6 and potassium! Plus, they are lower on the glycemic index than a regular potato, so you will feel fuller for longer!
How should I store leftover air fryer sweet potatoes?
Store any leftover air fried sweet potatoes in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer for a few minutes so that they can crisp up again!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Air Fryer Vegetables
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the metal insert with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes, olive oil and seasonings to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-15 minutes shaking the basket a couple times or until tender and crispy.