This Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup is so easy to make! Just add everything to the slow cooker and let it do all the work for you! This soup is hearty and loaded with tons of vegetables and tender beef. The perfect healthy lunch or dinner! Serve with some Garlic Cheese Biscuits or cornbread to complete the meal.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Crockpot Beef Vegetable Soup
Beef Vegetable Soup is one of my favorite soup recipes to make throughout the year, but especially in the Fall and Winter months. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients, fills you up, and warms you from the inside out. Plus, it freezes beautifully. Perfect for meal-prep and batch cooking!
Traditionally made in a large pot on the stove, vegetable beef soup has always been fairly simple to make, but this Crockpot vegetable beef soup is even easier to throw together. Now you can get that simmered-all-day taste without having to stand over your hot stove all day. Just do the prep work, set it all up in your slow cooker, and forget about it until it’s time to eat!
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs like parsley or thyme and some biscuits or thick, crusty bread to sop up that delicious broth.
Ingredients for Vegetable Beef Soup
- Mirepoix: Diced carrots, celery and onion are added for lots of flavor!
- Garlic: Minced garlic is added to the soup however jared minced garlic or garlic powder can be added.
- Russet Potatoes: Or any type of potato work for this soup. Just cut them into bite size cubes!
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes: I like using fire roasted tomatoes however regular diced tomatoes work too. You could also add a pinch of smoked paprika to mimic the fire roasted diced tomatoes/
- Tomato Sauce: Use your favorite store bought tomato sauce!
- Chicken Broth: I like to use low sodium broth to be able to control the saltiness of the soup.
- Spices: Italian seasonings and bay leaves are added to season the soup. If you have fresh herbs on hand then through those in too!
- Parsley: Fresh parsley is added at the end and really brightens up the soup.
- Peas: Frozen or thawed frozen peas are added at the end of the soup. You could also add in green beans or corn!
How To Make Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan over high heat. Then, add the cubed chuck roast, and sear on all sides until it gets some nice browning on it.
- Transfer the chuck roast to the Crockpot. Pour the beef broth in the skillet and deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits off of the bottom. (This is where the flavor is!)
- Add the beef broth to the Crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients, except for the peas. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir in peas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Make grown up Beef-A-Roni! To repurpose leftovers we made a quick roux of butter and flour and added the roux to the soup. Then tossed in cooked elbow macaroni for our take on grown up Beef-A-Roni. It was amazing!
- Don’t skip browning the beef! It is an extra step but well worth the extra effort. It adds so much flavor to the soup!
- I recommend cutting the vegetables larger when cooking in the crockpot. This keeps them from breaking down when cooked for a long tie in the slow cooker.
- Top this homemade vegetable soup off with some grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs before serving for the perfect finishing touch.
- Add more veggies! This recipe is a great way to clean out the fridge. Squash, zucchini, eggplant, beans, or cauliflower would be delicious.
- If you don’t have all day to cook this soup then use ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken instead.
- This soup can be served over white rice or with any cooked pasta!
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions
- Store cooled, leftover homemade Crockpot vegetable beef soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze cooled soup in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Reheat from chilled or frozen in the microwave or in a medium-sized pot on the stove until warmed through and simmering.
More Easy Soup Recipes
- Crockpot Beef and Noodles
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Easy Ham and Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Homemade Tomato Soup
Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chuck roast, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups potatoes, medium dice
- 1 large onion, medium dice
- 4 ribs celery, medium dice
- 3 large carrots, medium dice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 cup peas
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan over high heat. Add in chuck roast and sear on all sides until it gets some nice browning on it.
- Transfer the chuck roast to the crockpot. Pour the beef broth in the skillet and deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits off of the bottom (this is where the flavor is!)
- Add the beef broth to the crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients except for the peas. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in peas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!