Instant Pot Spaghetti. A super easy meat sauce spaghetti cooked in the instant pot and ready in less than 30 minutes.
This Instant Pot Spaghetti could not be easier. Everything is ready in under 30 minutes of time. Simply sauté onions, ground beef and garlic in the instant pot until they are golden brown and caramelized. Next add in tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and water. The spaghetti noodles also get cooked in the instant pot.
An important tip for adding your noodles. Make sure to break your noodles in half and layer in the halved spaghetti noodles, rotating which direction they are in (this helps to keep the noodles from clumping up when cooking).
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil for serving, if desired
- parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Select the sauté option on the instant pot. Add in olive oil. Once you start to hear it sizzle add in onion and cook until golden brown 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes (doesn't have to be fully cooked through, we just want to get some color on the beef)
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in the spaghetti sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and water.
- Layer in the halved spaghetti noodles, rotating which direction they are in (this helps to keep the noodles from clumping up when cooking)
- Place the lid back on and press manual mode or high pressure. Set to 6 minutes.
- Once done release the valve and wait for all of the steam to stop.
- Remove lid and stir the spaghetti.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with basil and parmesan cheese, if desired.