Berry Fruit Salad loaded with fresh fruit and tossed in a honey lime dressing. The perfect dessert or side dish for summer!
This fruit salad is the perfect dish to bring to your next summer gathering or barbecue. It’s light, healthy and refreshing. Perfect for summer!
I made this fruit salad with a combination of fresh cherries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. Any fruit combination will work. I just like to use what’s in season and on sale.
This summer fruit salad takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and best of all can be made ahead of time. I like to make this the night before to let all of the flavors develop.
As for the dressing it is super simple. Fresh squeezed lime juice, mint and honey. The honey gives the fruit an extra sweetness and the lime gives it a bit of tang. The honey also helps to bring out the juices in the fruit.
If you find yourself with leftover fruit this summer you have to make this fruit salad!
Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add the fruit and mint to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the lime and honey.
- Add the lime and honey mixture to the fruit and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.