Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies! Peanut Butter cookies sandwiched between strawberry jelly and peanut butter buttercream. They are AMAZING!
If you thought peanut butter cookies couldn’t get any better you are wrong. These peanut butter and jelly sandwich cookies are AMAZING. They taste just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but in cookie form.
The cookies are soft, buttery with tons of peanut butter and the perfect amount of sweetness.
These cookies are a the perfect cross between a peanut butter cookie and a sugar cookie. I roll the individual cookies in sugar before baking. I also sprinkle a little extra sugar after they are out of the oven.
I slightly under bake the cookies to get the soft, chewy center. Soft on the inside and firm on the edges. Just how I like my cookies.
This recipe makes about 12-18 cookies depending on how big or small you make the cookies.
When the cookies are in the oven I whip up a quick peanut butter buttercream. Simply peanut butter, softened butter, powdered sugar and a little heavy cream.
After the cookies are cool spread some peanut butter buttercream and jelly on each cookie and sandwich them together.
Serve these with a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons heavy cream
- strawberry jelly, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until combined and clump free.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts with the stand mixer on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
- Portion dough into 12-16 cookies (depending on how big you would like them).
- Add sugar to a small bowl.
- Roll each cookie in the sugar and place on a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown and firm on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cool frost half of the cookies with the peanut butter buttercream.
- Spread jelly on the other half of the cookies.
- Sandwich a jelly cookie and peanut butter cookie together.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Cream butter and peanut butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment until smooth and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and heavy cream. Add more heavy cream if the frosting is too thick to spread.
- Set aside until ready to frost the cookies.