This super easy 4 Ingredient Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Recipe is creamy, thick, tangy, and rich. It takes less than 5 minutes of prep time, and you can top it with all of your favorite healthy (or not so healthy) toppings! This Frozen Yogurt Recipe is perfect for a cold breakfast or dessert in the summer!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
With just 4 ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep time, this Frozen Greek Yogurt is incredibly easy to make and tastes amazing. It’s creamy, rich, tangy, and slightly sweet. It’s super addictive. You would never guess this is low-calorie!
I made this frozen yogurt recipe with simple ingredients I had on hand: plain greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Not only does Greek yogurt make this frozen treat smooth and creamy, but you also get a nice serving of protein that keeps you nice and full. Putting the ingredients together is really easy as well! I like to mix all the ingredients up in the evening, allow them to chill in the fridge overnight, then freeze them in my ice cream maker the next day. Greek Frozen Yogurt makes a delicious cold breakfast or dessert!
For toppings, you can keep this frozen yogurt recipe healthy with fresh fruit and nuts, or you can go for something a little more indulgent like chocolate or syrup.
Frozen Yogurt Ingredients
- Greek yogurt: Creamy, tangy, and rich, Greek yogurt is the perfect healthy option when making a frozen treat! It has plenty of protein in it which keeps you fuller for longer, and frozen yogurt tastes just as indulgent as ice cream with considerably fewer calories!
- Sugar: To sweeten up this treat, I added a little sugar. I didn’t want it to be overly sweet but I still wanted it to taste like dessert. Adding fruit on top also raises the sweetness level in a healthier way so if you want it to be sweeter, I’d suggest topping it with more fruit at the end!
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is a warm flavor that brings out all of the sweet notes beautifully in this frozen yogurt recipe. It’s delicious!
- Lemon: Just a little kick of tartness, lemon juice balances out the sweetness and is so addictive!
How to make Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- Grind the sugar. Firstly, place sugar in a food processor or blender to get the sugar super fine.
- Whisk ingredients together. Next, transfer the sugar to a bowl along with Greek yogurt, vanilla, and lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
- Chill. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Freeze. Once chilled, place the yogurt mixture in an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufactures instructions. Mine took about 15 minutes to freeze.
- Serve! Finally, Serve it immediately with your favorite toppings, or place the frozen yogurt in the freezer until you’re ready to eat it. If you place it in the freezer, take it out 15 minutes before serving so that it’s easier to scoop.
Does freezing yogurt kill probiotics?
It doesn’t! However, they do become dormant until they are heated up again. As you eat the frozen yogurt, your body’s heat will reawaken the probiotics helping your gut to stay nice and healthy with good bacteria.
What toppings go with this healthy cold dessert recipe?
There are both healthy and less healthy options to top this frozen yogurt recipe! Here are my favorites:
- Mixed Berry Compote
- Chopped Nuts
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Chopped Chocolate
- Your favorite chocolate bar, chopped up
- Reeses Pieces
- Mini Reeses Cups
- Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Crushed cookies
- Syrup (chocolate, strawberry, caramel, etc.)
More healthy sweet treats you will love:
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Easy & Healthy Individual Mixed Berry Crisp
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
4 Ingredient Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- Place sugar in a food processor or blender to get the sugar super fine.
- Transfer to a bowl with yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled place in an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufactures instructions. Mine took about 15 minutes to freeze.
- Serve immediately or place in the freeze until ready to serve.
- *If you are taking it out of the freezer leave at room temperature for 15 minutes so it is easier to scoop*