This simple and easy healthy green juice recipe is made with apples, kale, lemon and cucumber. The perfect immunity boost and ready in less than 10 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you thought you couldn’t drink juice once you’ve grown up, then think again! There are many health benefits to juicing fruits and vegetables, especially essential vitamins and minerals. It’s a particularly good immune booster during the winter months when your body needs a little help!
I made this homemade green juice with just four ingredients — apples, a lemon, kale, and a cucumber. That’s all! And I don’t bother to peel any of my ingredients. The peels are where most of the nutrients are, anyway! Plus, it’s easier to just wash them and throw them in the juicer.
This is a homemade juice adults and kids alike will love!
I only use four ingredients to make this healthy green juice recipe.
- Two apples (whatever’s in season at the time)
- A whole lemon (peel and all!)
- One cucumber (I particularly like English cucumbers.)
- And a handful or two of curly kale
How To Make It
This healthy green juice couldn’t be easier to make. Simple wash all of the ingredients, and then add them to your favorite juicer. That’s it!
Serve over ice or as is. I prefer mine chilled any time of year. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Use a variety of apples! I like to use what’s in season for this healthy green juice recipe, but you can change it up based off what your in the mood for. For example, granny smiths would make this a bit more tart, while honey crisps would make it bright and sweet.
- Out of lemons? Any citrus will work! Limes are a good swap.
- I used curly kale, but any kale or leafy green would work like Lacinato or purple. Spinach, parsley, arugula, or baby kale would also work well.
- Want to make this more filling? Add your favorite protein powder!
Store prepared green juice in a sealed container like a thermos or mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 days. It will likely separate as it sits, so give it a good shake before drinking.
Freeze this juice in an ice cube tray, and then transferred to a freezer-safe plastic bag, for up to 6 months. Allow the portion you prefer to thaw in the fridge before consuming.
More Drink Recipes To Try
This simple and easy homemade green juice recipe is made with just four ingredients in less than 10 minutes! Perfect for an immune boost.
- 2 medium apples
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 whole cucumber
- Wash all of the ingredients. (I do not peel the apples or cut any of the ingredients.)
- Add the apples, lemon, kale and cucumber to the juicer and juice.Serve immediately over ice if desired and enjoy!