Green Juice Recipe
This simple and easy healthy green juice recipe is made with apples, kale, lemon and cucumber. The perfect immunity boost and ready in less than 10 minutes!
Looking for more healthy drink recipes? Then you’ve got to try my berry spinach smoothie and my pumpkin banana smoothie!
Green Juice Recipe
If you thought you couldn’t drink juice once you’ve grown up, then think again! For me I find it hard to get my 5 servings of fruits AND veggies a day tough. That is why when I feel like I am lacking I make a batch of green juice. There are many health benefits to juicing fruits and vegetables, especially essential vitamins and minerals. Green juice will give you all the vitamins and minerals of the fruits and vegetables that you choose to add to your juice, except for the fiber. It’s a particularly good immune booster during the winter months when your body needs a little help!
I made this homemade green juice with just four ingredients — apples, a lemon, kale, and a cucumber. That’s all! And I don’t bother to peel any of my ingredients. The peels are where most of the nutrients are, anyway! Plus, it’s easier to just wash them and throw them in the juicer.
This is a homemade juice adults and kids alike will love!
Is juicing healthy?
It all depends of what you juice! I like to juice mostly vegetables because they are low in sugar. I typically do lot’s of veggies, 1 or 2 servings of a fruit (for sweetness) and citrus for some acidity and tartness!
Although eating fruits and veggies with the skin on would provide more fiber and technically be healthier I find that keeping the sugar down when juicing and focusing primarily on veggies will still give you a lot of benefits!
Green Juice Recipe Ingredients
I only use four ingredients to make this healthy green juice recipe.
- Two apples: Use your favorite kind of apples or whatever is in season!
- A whole lemon: I add the peel and all! If you don’t want to add the peel, use a citrus squeezer to get all the juices out.
- One cucumber: I particularly like English Cucumbers. They have a thinner peel on them.
- And a handful or two of curly kale: I like kale in my green juice, but any leafy green will work!
How To Make Green Juice
This healthy green juice couldn’t be easier to make. Simply wash all of the ingredients, and then add them to your favorite juicer. That’s it!
If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a food processor or a blender. I would cut the ingredients into smaller pieces, and then the blender will do the rest of the work. You can drink the juice as is with the pulp, which has a high percentage of fiber. Or, you can strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of that pulp. Juicing is so good for your health, and shouldn’t be limited to only those with a juicer!
Serve over ice or as is. I prefer mine chilled any time of year. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Use a variety of apples! I like to use what’s in season for this healthy green juice recipe, but you can change it up based off what your in the mood for. For example, granny smiths would make this a bit more tart, while honey crisps would make it bright and sweet.
- Out of lemons? Any citrus will work! Limes are a good swap. Oranges would be good but don’t have as strong of a citrus flavor.
- Use any leafy green you have on hand like like Lacinato or purple kale. Spinach, parsley, arugula, or baby kale would also work well. You can also use a combination of all of these.
- If you want your juice thinner, you can add some water or some coconut water. I would avoid adding fruit juice to keep the sugar content low.
- No juicer? This is the juicer we use! However if you don’t have a juicer here’s a recipe for green juice made in a blender!
- Sneak in some herbs! Like parsley, mint or even cilantro! My husband adds cilantro to his green juice for an anti-inflammatory boost!
- Want to make this more filling? Add your favorite protein powder!
Store prepared green juice in a sealed container like a thermos or mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 days. It will likely separate as it sits, so give it a good shake before drinking. I recommend drinking it as soon as possible to get the most nutrients out of the juice. If you notice that your juice turns a little brown, that is the apple oxidizing. It is still totally fine to drink within 48 hours of storing it.
Freeze this juice in an ice cube tray, and then transferred to a freezer-safe plastic bag, for up to 6 months. Allow the portion you prefer to thaw in the fridge before consuming.
What is the difference between juicing and blending? Juicing requires a specific piece of equipment called a juicer. The juicer will extract all of the juice from the produce you put inside and the pulp will be discarded into a separate compartment. It is the easiest way to make juice, but all of the fiber will be taken out of the juice. Blending can be done with a blender or food processor. Once everything is nice and blended, you can strain the pulp from your juice or drink it as is with the fiber.
What should I do with my leftover pulp? If you have left over pulp, you can throw it away. If that feels wasteful, you can compost it or save the pulp and add it to smoothies later on! Freeze the pulp and take some out when you are ready to use it for your next smoothie.
Does green juice taste good? Green juice is actually surprisingly tasty. It is refreshing and crisp. The key is to balance the flavors with fruit and veggies. Adding apple and lemon in this recipe balances the flavor of the kale and cucumber. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the flavor of this homemade green juice recipe.
What do I do with the leftover pulp? I hate letting food go to waste! Here are 11 Creative Ways to use leftover juice pulp!
More Drink Recipes To Try
Never miss out! Need more quick & easy recipes in your life? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all the daily updates.
We love to hear your feedback: If you try this recipe, I’d love to know! Leave a star rating below, and don’t forget to take pictures and tag me on Facebook and Instagram!
This simple and easy homemade green juice recipe is made with just four ingredients in less than 10 minutes! Perfect for an immune boost.
- 2 medium apples
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 whole cucumber
- Wash all of the ingredients. (I do not peel the apples or cut any of the ingredients.)
- Add the apples, lemon, kale and cucumber to the juicer and juice.Serve immediately over ice if desired and enjoy!