Super Easy Grilled Honey Lime Chicken. Sweet, zesty and crispy on the outside!
It’s grilling season and I am so excited to fire up the grill. This Grilled Honey Lime Chicken is one of my favorite grilling recipes.
The chicken gets marinated overnight with a sweet and tart marniade. The chicken comes out incredibly juicy and tender. I like using chicken thighs for this recipe. The skin stays crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
The marinade is equal parts lime juice and honey with fresh garlic and a splash of soy sauce. I reserve 1/4 of the marinade to brush on top before serving.
Grill the chicken over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes on both sides and serve with fresh cilantro on top!
Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- fresh cilantro for serving
- *Note: Prep time does not include marinating time*
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a medium bowl. Pour the marinade into a large ziplock bag reserving ¼ of the marinade for brushing on top before serving.
- Add in chicken and place in the refrigerator overnight or for a minimum of three hours.
- When you're ready to cook heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Brush the remaining marinade mixture on top of the chicken.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro if desired.