Individual Mixed Berry Crisp loaded with fresh cherries, blackberries and blueberries. A super easy and healthy dessert!
This Mixed Berry Crisp is surprisingly healthy. With a thick layer or fruit and a sprinkle of crumb topping this crisp comes in under 170 calories a serving!
The crumb topping is made with old fashioned oats, hazelnut meal, butter and a smidge of all purpose flour. If you can’t find the hazelnut meal in the grocery store substitute all purpose flour. The hazelnut meal gives the crumb topping a nice nutty flavor.
For the fruit I used a mixture of fresh cherries, blackberries and blueberries. You can substitute frozen berries if you don’t have any fresh on hand.
If you are like me and do not have a cherry pitter I learned a pretty cool tip from the kitchn. Use a piping tip and place the cherry stem side down. Push over the tip and the pit should come out. I have to warn you it is a little messy but a great fix when you are in a pinch.
Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
Individual Mixed Berry Crisp
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/8 cup hazelnut meal / flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed berries I used fresh cherries, blackberries and blueberries
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both flour, oats, brown sugar and butter to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add lemon juice and berries to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the berries between four ramekins. Top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.