No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Cups are a simple, healthy treat that will satisfy all of those peanut butter cup cravings! Packed with chocolate, oats and peanut butter, you can make these in no time whenever you are in the mood for something sweet!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
No Bake peanut butter oat cups
What’s not to love about a no bake dessert? Plus one that is healthy AND requires only 6 ingredients?! These no bake peanut butter oat cups are a no fuss sweet treat that absolutely everyone will love. They are especially convenient to make in the summertime, when it is too hot to turn on the oven but you still want a healthy and delicious dessert.
My chocolate peanut butter oat cups use dark chocolate so they are just slightly sweet, topped with crunchy sea salt for the perfect balance of flavors. If you prefer something sweeter, you can definitely use milk chocolate instead! And skip the sea salt if you don’t want it, they will still be amazing!
Looking for more grab and go snacks? Then give my Monster Energy Balls a try!
For the Peanut Butter Oat Layer
- Old Fashioned Oats: Old fashioned oats or quick cooking oats work best here. They are hearty and keep the structure of the cups!
- Honey: Honey is added as a natural sweetener. I have tried making this with maple syrup and it doesn’t stick together as well as it does with honey. You could also use agave!
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter helps the oat mixture to stick together and adds that classic Reese’s flavor!
- Vanilla: A bit of vanilla adds some extra flavor.
For the Chocolate Layer
- Dark Chocolate Chips: I like to use dark chocolate chips here. But you can definitely use milk chocolate chips instead if you prefer!
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil helps the chocolate chips become a cohesive and melty mixture!
- Sea Salt: Sprinkle the tops with sea salt for a salty-sweet combo!
How to Make This Recipe
- Combine Oat Mixture: In a medium bowl combine oats, honey, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Prep Muffin Tin: Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add Oats to Muffin Tin: Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin tin pressing the mixture down slightly.
- Melt the Chocolate: Next, add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted.
- Top with Chocolate: Spoon the melted chocolate on top of each peanut butter oat cup and use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Freeze: Place in the freezer for an hour, then remove from the muffin tin and serve! Store leftovers in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Tips for Success
- Switch up the nut butter! You can swap out the peanut butter for another nut butter like almond or cashew!
- Add dried fruit! If you want some more texture and fruity flavor, add in dried fruit like raisins, dried cranberries or dried blueberries.
- Add nuts: You can replace some of the oats for chopped up peanuts, pepitas, almonds even flax seed!
- Make it sweeter! To make it sweeter, use milk chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips.
- To store: Keep these in the freezer and take one out whenever you need a sweet treat!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this recipe gluten-free?
The ingredients used in this no bake peanut butter oat cups recipe are naturally gluten-free. However, if you have a serious intolerance, make sure your oats are certified gluten-free!
Can you use a mini muffin tin instead?
Definitely! You can make mini chocolate peanut butter cups in a mini muffin tin instead!
More Easy Dessert Recipes to Try
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Zucchini Brownies
- Oatmeal Smoothie
- Energy Balls
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Cups
Peanut Butter Oat Layer
- In a medium bowl combine oats, honey, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin tin pressing the mixture down slightly.
- Next add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted.
- Spoon the melted chocolate on top of each peanut butter oat cup and use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate.While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Place in the freezer for an hour then remove from the muffin tin and serve!Store leftovers in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months!