All you need is 6 ingredients to make this Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe! With just 5 minutes of prep, you will have a filling, protein-packed breakfast waiting for you in the morning!
If you love this recipe then give my energy bites a try! It’s the MOST Popular Recipe on my site!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Peanut butter Overnight oats
If you are prone to hectic mornings, you absolutely have to make some on-the-go overnight oats! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, after all. And I can’t think of a better way to start my day than with hearty and wholesome overnight oats! These peanut butter overnight oats are a personal favorite, since they are packed with protein and flavor!
Peanut butter oats are perfect for a make-ahead breakfast or snack so that you won’t have to be rushing around every morning for a healthy breakfast. All you have to do is add the ingredients to a jar and mix! Let the refrigerator do the work for you. In the morning top it off with all of your favorite toppings like banana and berries, or seeds and chopped nuts!
If you aren’t a peanut butter fan, you can always substitute it with any of you favorite nut butters instead!
Love peanut butter and chocolate? Then give my Chocolate Protein Balls a try!
peanut butter overnight oats ingredients
- Creamy Peanut Butter: The star of the show is definitely the peanut butter in these peanut butter overnight oats! Of course, if you prefer you can substitute any other creamy nut butter you prefer!
- Oats: Old fashioned oats work great here! They hold up to the liquid and get tender overnight for the perfect texture in the morning!
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk, including any plant-based milk!
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds offer nutrition and create a silky texture.
- Vanilla Extract: For flavor!
- Maple Syrup: I like to naturally sweeten my oats with maple syrup. Feel free to use honey or agave syrup.
- For Serving: Top your overnight oats off with sliced bananas, fruit, more chia seeds or flax seeds, peanut butter drizzle and some mini chocolate chips for the works!
how to make this recipe
- Divide and Assemble: Divide peanut butter, oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla and maple syrup between two glass jars.
- Stir & Store: Stir to combine and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve: In the morning, serve with your favorite toppings or as is! I like to do sliced banana and berries!
Tips for Success
- Use old fashioned oats if you have them! For the best texture, I recommend using old fashioned rolled oats. You can use quick oats, but they will be softer in texture.
- Sweet tooth? If you have a strong sweet tooth, drizzle these with some more maple syrup and top with some mini chocolate chips!
- Add protein! For even more protein, add a scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder!
- If you don’t have glass jars, you can make these is small glass containers instead!
frequently asked questions
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are a way of making oatmeal without having to cook! Simply soaking the oats in liquid overnight in the fridge will result in delicious softened oatmeal for the next day.
How long do peanut butter overnight oats last?
You can store your overnight oats in the fridge for 2-3 days. Feel free to double this recipe so that you have some extra servings to enjoy throughout the week!
Do you eat overnight oats cold or hot?
You can eat peanut butter overnight oats cold or hot! That is up to your own personal preference. In order to eat them warm, pop them in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Or transfer to a saucepan and warm it up on the stove!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- Granola Cups
- Bacon Egg Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Toast
more peanut butter recipes to try!
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- sliced bananas
- chia seeds, flax seed, hemp seed
- peanut butter drizzle
- mini chocolate chips
- Divide peanut butter, oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla and maple syrup between two glass jars.
- Stir to combine and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning serve with your favorite toppings or as is! I like to do sliced banana and berries!