Quick and easy appetizers are just what you need to get your summer cookout started! This Strawberry Bruschetta recipe is made with just 5 ingredients including: Strawberries, basil, and creamy mascarpone cheese. Ready in less than 10 minutes, try this Strawberry Bruschetta for summer BBQs and cookouts when strawberries are in season.
I love bruschetta in all forms! It’s so easy to make and always goes down well with guests any time of the year. For a more traditional bruschetta, my Easy Bruschetta is fresh, healthy, and delicious, and to turn your bruschetta game up a notch, head over to my Caprese Crostini with Blistered Tomatoes and Smoked Mozzarella recipe. It is SO good!
I’ve got the perfect summer appetizer to bring to your next get-together. And the best part? It’s super easy! This Strawberry Bruschetta recipe takes less than 10 minutes to throw together and only requires 5 ingredients: Bread, basil, strawberries, lemon juice, and mascarpone cheese. We keep most of these ingredients on hand throughout the summer making this easy bruschetta recipe great to whip up last minute.
This easy Strawberry Bruschetta recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. It’s not quite sweet enough to be a dessert but this Strawberry Basil Bruschetta is the perfect starter to dinner, or even as an afternoon snack to use up strawberries and basil.
This Strawberry Bruschetta starts off with a loaf of crusty bread, some fresh strawberries, basil, and my favorite: mascarpone cheese.
The rich, creamy mascarpone cheese goes wonderfully with the strawberries and fresh basil. The fruit adds some sweetness to the cheese, and the freshness of the basil shines through in every bite. I add a squeeze of lemon juice for a little tartness. Put it all together and we have a delicious, refreshing appetizer that will leave you wanting more!
Ingredients for Strawberry Bruschetta
- Strawberries: I love using up fresh strawberries when they’re in season, however, you can often find strawberries year-round making this appetizer perfect anytime! It could even work for Christmas, as the colors are red, white, and green!
- Basil: Basil is added in the traditional mascarpone recipe and I carried it over to this twist of the original to keep the fresh, herby flavor.
- Mascarpone Cheese: Creamy and perfect for spreading, mascarpone goes so well with strawberries. It’s like strawberries and cream!
- Bread: I used a baguette but any rustic bread will work well! If the slices are too big you can half or quarter them before toasting.
- Lemon Juice: Just a little tartness, the lemon juice balances the strawberries and mascarpone perfectly!
How to make this easy Bruschetta recipe
Slice and toast: Firstly, slice the baguette and lay the slices of baguette on a baking sheet. Broil on high until toasted and lightly brown. Take out of the oven and set aside.
Prep the topping: Secondly, in a small bowl toss together diced strawberries, lemon juice, and basil. Set aside.
Spread: Spread about a tablespoon of mascarpone cheese onto each toasted baguette.
Top and serve: Top with strawberry mixture and serve immediately.
What kind of bread do I need for this easy Strawberry Bruschetta recipe?
I prefer to use a baguette as the slices are perfect for picking up and holding, however, you can also use a rustic bread of your choice. If the bread slices are too large, cut them in half or quarters before toasting.
Can I use any other fruits instead of strawberries?
Yes! I love strawberries on this strawberry bruschetta, but here are a few other fruits that would work just as well:
- Tomatoes (of course, especially if they’re in season!)
What does Bruschetta go with?
I like to serve this Strawberry Bruschetta recipe throughout the summer at cookouts. Here are some main dishes that go perfectly with bruschetta:
- Grilled Chicken Caprese
- The BEST Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Maple Dijon Salmon
- Korean Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Steak Kabobs
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
Love this easy Strawberry Basil Bruschetta? Here are some more easy appetizers to try!
- Caprese Crostini with Blistered Tomatoes and Smoked Mozzarella
- Asian Chicken Dumplings (Two Ways)
- Super Easy Salsa Verde
- Easy Bruschetta
- Heirloom Tomato Ricotta Tart
Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- 8 slices of baguette
- 3/4 cup strawberries diced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Layer the slices of baguette on a baking sheet. Broil on high until toasted and lightly brown. Take out of the oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl toss together strawberries, lemon juice and basil. Set aside.
- Spread about a tablespoon of mascarpone cheese onto each toasted baguette.
- Top with strawberry mixture and serve immediately.