Vibrant and refreshing zucchini noodles are tossed in a flavorful Thai-inspired peanut sauce for a savory dish of Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles. Top them off with fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts for maximum flavor and texture!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles
Welcome to where flavor meets health with these zucchini noodles with peanut sauce! If you have ever had Thai peanut noodles, then you are bound to love this healthy, veggie-packed version with all of the same flavors!
Peanut sauce is incredibly easy to make. All you have to do is mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime, water and honey. These simple ingredients have all the nutty, savory, tangy and sweet flavors you need for a well-rounded peanut sauce that ties together all of the sautéed veggies and aromatics!
Serve your Thai peanut zucchini noodles as a side dish to your favorite proteins or toss in some chicken, shrimp or tofu right into it before serving!
- Zucchini: I absolutely love turning zucchini into noodles because it is tender and you can get nice, long noodles to soak up the beautiful peanut sauce. You can sometimes find them already in spirals at the store! This would also work with spiralized carrots or spaghetti squash!
- Red Cabbage: Slice it into this strips! It will get tender in the pan but still have a bit of crunch.
- Yellow & Green Bell Pepper: I like to use a combination of yellow and green pepper but you can use whichever bell pepper you have on hand! Green is a bit more bitter whereas yellow, orange and red bell peppers are sweeter.
- Garlic & Ginger: For aroma and flavor!
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro is a must on top of these Thai peanut noodles. It adds so much freshness and flavor!
- Peanut Sauce: For a creamy Thai-inspired peanut sauce, combine creamy peanut butter, lime, soy sauce, water and honey.
how to make zucchini noodles
- Make the Noodles: Spiralize the zucchini noodles. You can use either a handheld zoodler or a food processor with the spiralize attachment.
- Make the Peanut Sauce: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk to continue until smooth and lump free, set aside.
- Sauté Vegetables & Aromatics: Add olive oil to a large skillet. Add in cabbage and bell peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove & Stir: Remove the pan from the heat and add in the zucchini noodles and peanut sauce and toss to combine. I prefer not to cook my zucchini noodles, I find that they get pretty soggy/watery when cooked, however you can heat them up in the pan if you prefer!
- Serve: Serve the noodles either warm or cold with the chopped cilantro on top and chopped peanuts if desired!
Tips for Success
- Add extra veggies! You can add any veggies you’d like, but try shaving carrots into this along with green onions or mushrooms!
- Add Protein! Add in some pre-cooked chicken or shrimp to make this a hearty meal!
- For more carbs, make whole grain noodles on the side and add them as well. All of the noodles and vegetables will be delicious together!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make peanut zucchini noodles ahead of time?
If you need to make this recipe ahead of time, I recommend making each component separately and then combining them in the pan when you are ready to serve. You can prep all of your veggies and store them in airtight containers in the fridge. Then make your peanut sauce and store it separately until you are ready to cook!
How should I serve zucchini noodles?
How do you store leftover Thai peanut vegetable noodles?
You can store any leftover Thai peanut zucchini noodles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Reheat to your liking! We eat these cold!
More Healthy Recipes to Try
Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into zoodles
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Spiralize zucchini noodles.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet. Add in cabbage and bell peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes.Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the zucchini noodles and peanut sauce and toss to combine. (I prefer not to cook my zucchini noodles I find they get pretty soggy / watery when cooked however you can heat them up in the pan if you prefer)
- Serve the noodles either warm or cold with the chopped cilantro on top and chopped peanuts.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk to combine until smooth and lump free, set aside.