These Vietnamese Pork Meatballs are loaded with flavor! They are made with fresh mint, cilantro, fish sauce, ginger and garlic then baked until golden brown!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
These Vietnamese Pork Meatballs are loaded with flavor! I mix ground pork with tons of fresh herbs, spices, grated ginger and garlic. The meatballs are then baked until golden brown then served with an amazing sweet and tangy sauce. I love serving these meatballs over rice to soak up the extra sauce!
Baking these meatballs save so much time! Instead of cooking them in batches on the stove I can bake them all at once in the oven.
how to make vietnamese meatballs
These meatballs could not be easier! There may seem like a lot of ingredients for these meatballs however this is how they get tons of flavor!
- Make meatballs: Start by combining the ground pork, soy sauce, eggs, panko breadcrumbs, herbs, ginger, garlic and spices in a large bowl. Using your hands mix until well combined.
- Roll into golf ball size meatballs (I got around 20 meatballs). Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake: At 400°F degrees for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Make the sauce: This sauce is the perfect combination of sweet, spicy and tangy. To make the sauce simply mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside until you are ready to serve.
- Serve: Immediately with the sauce drizzled on top and green onions for garnish, if desired.
- Do not over mix: I combine the ingredients with my hands just until it’s combined. That’s it. The more you mix and handle the meatballs the tougher they will be.
- Wet your hands: When you portion out the meatballs they tend to get a little sticky. I recommend wetting your hands with water before you start rolling out your meatballs. This keeps the meat from sticking on your hands and helps to form a perfectly round meatball. You can also use a cookie scoop if you prefer to scoop out the meatballs.
- Use other meats: I really like making this the traditional way with pork. However you can substitute ground chicken, beef or turkey for the pork in this recipe.
Storage, Freezing and Reheating
- Store: Leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: I recommend freezing the unbaked or baked meatballs in the freezer (seperate from the sauce) for up to 3 months! When you are ready to eat thaw the meatballs and cook them in the warmed sauce.
- Reheat: To warm up leftovers simply add the meatballs to a crockpot and warm up on low heat with the sauce. Or heat them up in a saucepan on the stove until warmed through.
What to serve with these Vietnamese Meatballs
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice or cauliflower rice
- Rice vermicelli noodles to soak up all that extra sauce!
- Mango Sticky Rice
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Serve on a toasted baguette with pickled vegetables and cilantro to make a Bahn mi!
- Or add it to a broth with fish sauce and herbs to make Pho
Here are more Easy Meatball Recipes to try!
- Asian Turkey Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Italian Meatball Soup
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic,, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger,, minced
- 1/2 onion,, small dice
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro,, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint,, chopped
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl add all of the meatball ingredients except for the green onions.
- Using your hands mix until well combined. Roll into golf ball size meatballs (I got around 20 meatballs).
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve with the sauce drizzled on top and green onions for garnish, if desired.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside until you are ready to serve.