These Best Chicken Meatballs are a wonderful healthier alternative to classic meatballs. Made with ground chicken, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese these meatballs are melt in your mouth tender! Use this all purpose recipe anytime you need to make meatballs!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best Baked Chicken Meatballs
If you need an easy go-to dinner option, these best baked chicken meatballs are going to be your new favorite. They are easy to make, use one bowl, are great for meal-prep, and are SO versatile!
Simply mix together the flavorful ingredients in a bowl, form into balls, and bake! It seriously couldn’t get any easier.
You can pair them with different sauces like marinara, buffalo, BBQ, or teriyaki!
- Ground Chicken: Chicken meatballs are made with ground chicken. If you want to switch it up, you can use ground beef or ground turkey instead!
- Egg: To help the meatballs stay in a ball!
- Spices: To spice these meatballs up to perfection, you just need onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley adds a nice, fresh flavor. If you don’t have fresh, dried parsley can work in a pinch.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Help to create a tender meatball!
- Parmesan Cheese: Is added for flavor. I highly recommend grating the parmesan cheese yourself!
- Worcestershire Sauce: Worcestershire sauce adds a hint of umami and tangy flavor.
- Whole Milk: For moisture!
How to Make This Recipe
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, cheese Worcestershire sauce, and milk. Mix just until combined, don’t over mix. I find just using your hands works best.
- Make into Meatballs: Portion into meatballs, about 22-24 meatballs.
- Place in Baking Dish: Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add in the meatballs and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Broil & Serve: To get more color on your meatballs, you can broil them for 1-2 minutes after cooking. Serve these meatballs with your favorite tomato sauce, buffalo sauce or curry! Enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Don’t over mix! When making the meatball mixture, make sure you don’t over mix the ingredients. Just mix everything until it is combined, and gently form the meatballs. This will ensure tender chicken meatballs, instead of tough or rubbery ones!
- Watch them while under the broiler! I like to broil them at the end just to get a little more color and crust on the outside, but please keep an eye on them and don’t let them burn during this part.
- If you prefer, you can make these meatballs with ground turkey for a similar flavor. You can also make them with beef or even pork, but these will be a lot richer in taste!
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I serve chicken meatballs?
You can serve these chicken meatballs in so many ways! Serve them with dipping sauces like teriyaki sauce, BBQ, or a simple spicy mayo. You can also toss them into your favorite pasta sauces like tomato sauce or pesto sauce and serve with fresh pasta! These are also delicious in curries like my vegetable curry recipe!
How do I keep my meatballs from becoming tough?
To keep your meatballs from becoming tough, make sure to add the right amount of breadcrumbs and egg. This will ensure that there is just the right amount of binder, but not too much. Then, make sure to gently mix the meat mixture and don’t pack the meat too much when making the meatballs! All of these steps will ensure tender and moist meatballs.
Can I use fresh onions and garlic instead of powder?
Yes! If you prefer, you can use finely chopped onion and minced garlic instead of powder. I chose to use garlic powder and onion powder for ease but fresh works too!
How should I store leftover baked chicken meatballs?
To store, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply reheat in the microwave until heated through!
More Meatball Recipes to Try
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- Thai Red Curry Meatballs
- Classic Italian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Sriracha Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and milk. Mix just until combine, don't overmix. I find just using your hands works best.
- Portion into meatballs (I got about 22-24 meatballs).Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add in the meatballs and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- To get some more color on your meatballs you can broil them for 1-2 minutes after cooking.Serve these meatballs with your favorite tomato sauce, buffalo sauce or curry! The possibilities are endless!