Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs. Loaded with flavor and sprinkled with sesame seeds for the ultimate protein-packed Asian bite! Serve as an appetizer or add rice to make it a meal. This is the perfect appetizer for tailgating! These delicious meatballs are low carb and can easily be made gluten-free.
I love meatballs! They are so easy to make, versatile, and can be made in advance for quick weeknight meals that the whole family will love – kids too!
These Crockpot Asian Meatballs are smothered in a homemade Asian sesame sauce. They have a little heat, but if you want a bit of extra spice add in some crushed red pepper flakes or Sriracha. The Asian style meatballs are sweet with a bit of tang, and the added heat would be amazing!
Cooking with a Slow Cooker is one of my absolute favorite ways to make a meal. Throw everything together and let it work its magic. These Asian pork meatballs take just 2 hours to cook in the slow cooker and can be made in advance and kept warm if you are serving them at a party. This Asian meatball recipe is the perfect appetizer for tailgating and football season.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The full ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
- Meat: I used an equal mixture of ground pork and beef, but you could easily substitute the beef for turkey or chicken to make them a little lighter.
- Panko breadcrumbs: This is used as a binder. Gluten-free breadcrumbs will also work well!
- Eggs: Also used as a binder. Eggs also add extra protein and fat to help you feel full.
- Herbs: I added garlic and chives to take the flavor up a notch, but the real flavor is in the meatball sauce!
Asian meatball sauce
- Sesame oil: Sesame oil adds so much flavor to this sauce! It’s my favorite part!
- Sweet chili sauce: This brings in a touch of heat and sweetness.
- Soy sauce: For flavor and saltiness! I used low sodium soy sauce, but feel free to use regular.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar really brings all of the flavors together, and makes the sauce thick and sticky. So good!
How to make the best Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs
- Make & brown the meatballs: Add the beef, pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, and chives to a large bowl and then mix the ingredients together until they are just mixed. Don’t over mix! Then brown the meatballs in a super hot skillet before adding them to the slow cooker. This adds tons of flavor and gives them a nice caramelization on the outside.
- Make the Asian meatball sauce: While the meatballs are browning in the skillet I like to whisk together my sauce. Throw all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. You can even do this straight in the slow cooker for less clean up later.
- Cook: Add everything to the slow cooker and let it cook on low for 2 hours. That’s it!
Can I use a different meat in this slow cooker Asian meatball recipe?
Sure! I used 1lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground pork, but feel free to sub one of them for either ground turkey or ground chicken.
Are these Asian style meatballs low carb?
Yes! For 6 meatballs (1/4 of the recipe) there are 12g net carbs. You could even fit these into a keto diet if you keep the carbs in the side dishes low. Check out some options listed below!
Can I make these Crockpot Asian Meatballs gluten-free?
Yes! Use gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs, and also make sure your soy sauce is gluten-free. Regular soy sauce contains wheat, but most grocery stores carry gluten-free options.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs
This Asian meatball recipe is great on its own as an appetizer, but to make it a meal here are a few side dish suggestions:
- White or brown rice
- Cauliflower rice (low carb)
- Steamed vegetables
- Rainbow Vegetable Noodles
- Chow mein noodles
- Lo mein
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice (low carb)
- Crispy Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts (low carb)
Here are some more Asian meatball recipes to try!
- Slow Cooker Sriracha Meatballs
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Teriyaki Beef Meatballs
- Vietnamese Meatballs
- Asian Style Chicken Meatballs
- Asian Turkey Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, (green and white parts) chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sliced green onions for garnish, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Add ground beef, pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic and chives to a large bowl.
- With your hand or a spoon mix to combine. Do not overmix.
- Roll into 24 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet with oil. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side. You do not want to cook the meatballs just brown them.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Set aside.
- Add the browned meatballs to the slow cooker and top with the soy sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 2 hours. Stir gently a couple of times making sure not to break up the meatballs.
- Serve with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.