20 Minute Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls. Colorful and full of flavor. Served with a Sweet and Spicy Chili Sauce. Naturally vegan!
After cooking all week the last thing I want to do on the weekend is cook. Therefore we end up eating out almost every weeknight. When I eat out I have to get the greasiest, cheesiest, highest caloric option. When in Rome right? Well when the work week rolls back around I try to hop back onto the healthy eating train. I started my week off with these Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls to help me get back on track. A healthy collection of fresh crisp veggies layered together in rice paper and served with a sweet and spicy chili sauce.
These nutrient packed springs rolls are the perfect way to detox after a long weekend. Fresh, crispy and full of vegetables.
Beautiful, colorful and super crunchy. These are super fun to make. Perfect for lunch, dinner or as a snack. Add in your favorite vegetables. I added yellow, orange, and red bell peppers. Scallions, carrots, cabbage and my all time favorite mango were also added!
The spring rolls are paired with a sweet and spicy chili sauce that requires only 5 ingredients.
No cook, gluten free and naturally vegan. You can find these rice paper wrappers at specialty Asian stores or online here.
They make a wonderful lunch on the go.
Chop up a few of your favorite colorful veggies and wrap in rice paper. It’s an easier appetizer than you think. A mandolin slicer can help speed up the process of slicing your vegetables.
You can add steamed shrimp or tofu to these spring rolls if you prefer.
Eat them on their own or dip them in this sweet and spicy sauce.
Rice paper wrappers are easy to work with. All you need to do is place the wrapper in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 seconds until it softens up a bit. Place it on your work surface and add the filling in the top center. Fold the edge closest to you over the toppings and tuck the sides in and over the portion you just rolled. Roll forward making sure to keep the spring roll tight.
Here’s a nutrition breakdown of these Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls:
- Mango: High in vitamins C & A. The large amounts of vitamin C act as a great immune booster.
- Carrots: Loaded with antioxidants and a great source of Vitamin A.
- Bell Peppers: Packed full of vitamins and fiber. Also a great source of antioxidants.
- Scallions: Vitamin K and Fiber make this a good choice for the spring rolls. Also adds a great crunch and flavor!
- Red Cabbage: Rich in vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.
Looking for more healthy options? Here are some more of my favorites below:
- Avocado Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- Healthy Berry Yogurt Smoothie
- 4 Ingredient Maple Pecan Granola
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 6 spring rolls wrappers
- ½ cup bell peppers (I used yellow, red and orange bell peppers)
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup scallions
- ½ cup mango, sliced
- ½ cup carrots, julienne
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sweet chili garlic sauce
- ½ teaspoon sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper at a time in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 seconds until it softens up a bit. Place it on your work surface and add a handful of each veggie in the top center of the wrapper leaving enough space at the top to roll. (Do not over stuff) Fold the edge closest to you over the toppings and tuck the sides in and over the portion you just rolled. Roll away from you making sure to keep the spring roll tight. Repeat until you have used up all of the filling. Should make about 6 rolls.
- Serve immediately with the Sweet and Spicy Chili Sauce. Cover with a damp cloth so they do not stick together if you won't be serving them right away.
- Add soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, sriracha and honey to a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in oil in a slow and steady stream.
- Serve immediately with the spring rolls. If the sauce separates give it a quick whisk.