Mocha Cream Brownies. Soft and chewy brownies layered with a coffee cream and chocolate ganache!
I didn’t think my brownies could get any better until now. The base of these Brownies is based off of my Best Brownie Recipe. They are soft and chewy on the outside and firm around the edges.
The brownies are layered with a coffee infused cream then topped with a chocolate ganache. These Mocha Creme Brownies are super rich and decadent.
What makes these Mocha Cream Brownies the best
- Brown butter: Adds so much flavor and extra nuttiness to the brownies. Totally worth the extra step.
- Less flour: Makes the brownies chewy and fudgey.
- Light brown sugar: I used a mix of brown sugar and granulated sugar for extra flavor and softness.
- Instant coffee granules: Are added to bring out the cocoa flavor in the brownies. You can also substitute espresso powder if you have that on hand!
I added granulated coffee powder to the brownies to bring out the cocoa flavor. I also browned the butter which adds so much flavor to these brownies!
The mocha cream and ganache layers are super easy to make. The mocha cream layer is a simple buttercream frosting infused with instant coffee granules.
For the ganache I melt chocolate and heavy cream until smooth and spread it on top of the brownies and mocha cream.
I let the brownies set in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up before slicing and serving.
How to make Chocolate Ganache
I top the Mocha Cream Brownies off with a simple Chocolate Ganache. The ganache is super easy to whip up. To make the chocolate ganache melt chocolate and heavy cream in the microwave until smooth and melted. You can also cook the ganache over a double boiler. Allow the ganache to cool for about 2-3 minutes. Spread on top of the cooled brownies and place in the fridge to allow it to set.
Here are more delicious dessert recipes to try!
- The BEST Brownies
- Texas Style Blueberry Cobbler
- Easy S’mores Bars
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- Zucchini Brownies
Mocha Cream Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
Coffee Cream Layer
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
- Pour browned butter into a large bowl along with both sugars, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules and baking powder. Stir until combined and allow to rest for 5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix until batter has a nice sheen to it.
- Fold in the flour and stir until combined. (Do not over mix)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool spread the brownies with the coffee cream.
- Top with the chocolate ganache.
- Place the brownies in the fridge to set for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Coffee Cream Layer
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in heavy cream, coffee granules and powdered sugar. Mix until combined and smoothed. Set aside until you are ready to assemble the brownies.
- In a small saucepan add the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth and melted, set aside.
Coffee Cream adapted from Inside BruCrew Life