Super Tender Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs. Loaded with Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and garlic. They melt in your mouth and are incredibly tender. Simmered low and slow for 4 hours!
Rich, meaty, hearty and comforting. The perfect meal for busy weeknights or Sunday dinner.
This recipe makes enough to serve 6-8 people and always leaves tons of leftovers.
You will need a little bit of prep time to throw the meatballs together. The most time consuming part of this recipe is forming the meatballs.
As for the meat I use a blend of beef and pork. I always steer clear of the lean meat when I am making meatballs.
It’s important to sear the meatballs before adding them to the slow cooker. This helps to keep the juices inside. I brown the meatballs under the broiler on a sheet tray to get a nice caramelization on the outside. Toss them in the slow cooker and throw in some crushed tomatoes.
A quick tip for making your meatballs: Do not over mix. I combine the ingredients with my hands just until it’s combined. That’s it. When you portion the meatballs they tend to get a little sticky. I recommend wetting your hands with water before you start rolling out your meatballs.
This recipe makes tons of meatballs. Freeze the extras for a quick weeknight meal.
All you have to do is boil some pasta and dinner is served! Serve as a meatball sandwich or on a pile of spaghetti.
The sauce is super simple as well. Simmering the sauce low and slow for 4 hours makes the sauce super thick, rich and loaded with flavor. I add some crushed red pepper flakes, italian seasoning and bay leaves for extra flavor.
Serve with a big pile of spaghetti and dig in!
Love these Italian Meatballs? Here are some more meatball recipes to try:
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Teriyaki Beef Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs with Arugula and Mushrooms
- Asian Style Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs
Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 24 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil for serving if desired
- parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Add beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Form into 1 or 2 inch meatballs. I made 24 meatballs.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Broil meatballs on high until browned on each side. About 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker.
- Top with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with basil or parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.
Original recipe from chefsavvy.com. Please do not publish my recipe or pictures without linking back to the original post. Thank you!