This Best Greek Chicken recipe features a Mediterranean-inspired marinade that is packed with herbs that lend a savory flavor along with lemon to brighten things up! The result is super tender, flavorful Greek chicken that you will make again and again!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best Greek CHicken Recipe
Using a Greek-inspired marinade, I have learned how to make the best Greek chicken recipe ever! This Greek chicken is perfectly seasoned with olive oil, garlic, herbs, lemon, and a little bit of honey just to balance everything out. The result is the juiciest, most flavorful chicken ever!
Greek chicken is a wonderful meal prep idea to whip up at the beginning of the week and have on hand to create meals with all week long! Let’s get to cooking!
- Olive Oil: Most marinades start with some sort of oil. Olive oil is a great option for this Greek chicken marinade!
- Honey: To balance the flavors. It also caramelizes beautifully in the pan!
- Chicken: I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs here. You can also use chicken breast or bone-in thighs if you prefer. They will take a bit longer to cook, though! If using chicken breast, slice it in half length-wise to have thinner pieces.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic adds a deeper savory flavor.
- Thyme & Rosemary: I used fresh thyme and rosemary but you can also use dried. Dried has a bit more concentrated flavor, so add a bit less.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley adds a bright, herby flavor.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice helps to tenderize the chicken but also adds a tangy flavor!
- Lemon Zest: Add the zest of the lemon too for added lemony flavor.
How to Make The best greek chicken
- Marinate the Chicken: Add all of the ingredients to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat the chicken and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove Chicken from Fridge: When you are ready, remove the chicken from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Sauté: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve: Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes. Squeeze some more lemon juice on top, slice and serve!
Tips for Success
- Let the chicken sit in the Greek chicken marinade for at least 30 minutes. I like to leave it for about 1-2 hours to really get nice and flavorful! If making ahead, let it marinate overnight in the fridge!
- After you use the marinade, throw it away! The marinade has been contaminated by raw chicken, so you can’t really use it for anything else.
- Allow the chicken to rest a bit before diving in! I like to let it rest at least 5 minutes. This helps the juices inside to settle so they won’t come pouring out when you slice into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bake this Greek chicken instead?
Definitely! If you prefer to bake the chicken, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken. Check the internal temperature of the chicken when you think it is close to being done with a meat thermometer! It should be cooked to 165 degrees F.
How should I serve Greek chicken?
Greek chicken serves as a wonderful meal prep idea as it can be served in so many different ways. My favorite is to serve it as a bowl with veggies and quinoa! Serve as a simple lunch or dinner with a bed of rice and side of hummus and cucumber salad! Or, add it into a wrap or pita pocket for an on-the-go meal! Don’t forget to serve it with some tzatziki sauce on the side, too.
How should I store leftover chicken?
Store any leftover Greek chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Best Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Shawarma
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Greek Chicken Meatballs
The Best Greek Chicken
- Add all of the ingredients to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat the chicken and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready, remove the chicken from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature (about 15 minutes)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.Add in the chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees!
- Remove the chicken from then pan and let it rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes. Squeeze some more lemon juice on top, slice and serve!