Super Sticky Asian Chicken Bites. Sticky, sweet and dripping with sauce! Serve as an appetizer or with rice to make it a meal.
I love making take out dishes at home. They taste so much better and are a lot healthier. In fact these chicken bites are baked not fried saving tons of calories right off the bat. The chicken is first breaded in panko breadcrumbs, then baked in the oven until crispy. When they come out of the oven they are tossed in our sweet and sticky Asian inspired sauce.
These chicken bites take less than 30 minutes to make. 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cooking. Pretty easy huh?
Instead of purchasing homemade hoisin sauce I made my own. Adding peanut butter, soy sauce and honey to the base of this sauce. The honey makes this sauce sticky and finger-licking good.
I like to cook my sauce in one large pot and toss the chicken directly into the sauce after they come out of the oven.
The Asian Style Sauce is sweet with a hint of spice and coats the chicken perfectly. Crispy and sticky on the outside and tender on the inside. Top the chicken bites with green onions and extra sesame seeds.
The chicken is extra crunchy thanks to the panko breading. A simple 3 step breading made of flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs. Make sure to use both hands when breading the chicken. One hand for wet ingredients and one hand for dry. This helps from getting the dreaded breading hands.
Once breaded I place the chicken on a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
These Sticky Asian Chicken Bites are super addicting! Don’t say I didn’t warn you! ♥
Love these Super Sticky Asian Chicken Bites? Here are a few other recipes you’ll love:
- 8 ounces chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sesame seeds
- extra sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- extra green onions for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by breading your chicken. Begin with flour, egg and then panko breadcrumbs.
- Line chicken onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until fully cooked and lightly brown on the outside.
- Take chicken out of the oven and toss with the Sticky Asian Sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add in honey and peanut butter and whisk until creamy and bubbly, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Set aside until ready to toss with chicken.