This White Bean Salad is bursting with so much flavor!! Made with white beans, tomatoes, olives, feta, fresh herbs and cucumbers. It is the PERFECT Summer Side Dish and go with practically everything!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The BEST White Bean Salad
This white bean salad has officially become my new go to Summer salad. It is packed with good for you fresh ingredients and tastes AMAZING! This is a great Mediterranean inspired side dish that would go amazing with my Chicken Shawarma or any piece of grilled protein!
The bright flavors here come from fresh lemon juice along with fresh mint and parsley. And those flavors are balanced perfectly by savory feta cheese! Plus, you get a some protein and lots of nutrients from the white beans here. With just a little prep, you can have a fresh and delicious salad on the table in no time! It makes a great lunch too and is perfect for meal prep!
White Bean Salad Ingredients
My easy white bean salad recipe uses whole, good-for-you ingredients that are super easy to find! Here’s what you’ll need:
- White Beans: I like to use cannellini beans here, but you can use any white bean like great northern or navy beans!
- Tomatoes: Use high quality tomatoes if possible. You can use any size tomato that you would like! Roma tomatoes and cherry tomatoes are both great options.
- Cucumbers: Dice your cucumber to your liking. I use English cucumbers because the skin is thinner and doesn’t need to be peeled!
- Red Onion: Red onion adds a crunchy texture and great flavor here. The onion flavor will be subdued with the lemon juice!
- Black Olives: You can use black olives or Kalamata olives in this recipe, whichever you prefer!
- Olive Oil & Fresh Lemon Juice: The dressing here is simply some olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Mint & Parsley: Freshly chopped mint and parsley add that fresh, herby flavor that makes this salad special. I wouldn’t skip these!
- Feta: You can use crumbled feta or a block of feta and crumble it yourself. If you don’t like feta, try fresh mozzarella!
- Italian Seasoning: For some added flavor, I added Italian seasoning.
- Salt & Pepper: Definitely season your white bean salad with some salt and pepper. After you mix it all up, taste it to see if you want any more of either!
How to Make White Bean Salad
- Prep: Start by preparing your vegetables and dicing them into your preferred size.
- Mix: Rinse your canned white beans and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and olives to the bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and squeeze the lemon on top. Add the chopped mint and parsley, crumbled feta cheese, Italian seasonings and some salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Taste Test & Enjoy: Taste the salad to make sure it has enough salt and pepper. Add a bit more if necessary and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Use fresh lemon juice! I recommend sticking with fresh lemon juice and not using bottled lemon juice. You can also throw in some of the zest from the lemon for added lemony flavor!
- Make this salad ahead! You can make this salad ahead of time by one day and place in the fridge until you are ready to use it. The beauty of this salad is that nothing will go soggy!
- Don’t like red onion? No problem! I know raw red onion can be a bit strong for some people. Keep in mind that the lemon here will really help take out that onion bite. But, if you don’t want to add red onion then try to replace it with some chopped green onions!
- Or, don’t like feta? Also not a problem. You can simply omit the feta cheese or replace it with pearled fresh mozzarella bites or even shredded mozzarella!
Frequently Asked Questions
HOw long does this salad stay good in the fridge?
This white bean salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. This is a great salad to have on hand in the fridge for an easy side dish or even a mid-afternoon snack! The hearty ingredients stand up well in the fridge and don’t become soggy like most salads.
Can I make this salad using dry beans?
Definitely! If you are using dry beans, measure out about 1 cup. Then place them in a large bowl and soak them in water overnight in the fridge. The next day, drain the beans from their soaking water and place them in a large pot with fresh water. Bring to a boil and let them cook until they are tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Drain the beans and let them cool before adding them to the salad!
More Salad Recipes to Try
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad
- Peach, Feta and Blackberry Salad
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
White Bean Salad
- 15.5 ounce cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives or Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice, more if desired
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- salt and pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days! I find this salad tastes better the longer it sits.