Juicy and tender Grilled Asian Chicken smothered in a sweet and spicy Asian sauce. Less than 10 minutes of prep time!
Time to fire up the grill again. This time with a sweet and spicy Asian inspired grilled chicken breast.
This chicken is suuper easy to make. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal. It starts with a sweet and spicy asian marinade. Made with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil and sriracha. I use half the sauce as a marinade and reserve the rest for drizzling the chicken once it is cooked. This sauce makes an awesome marinade for veggies and meats.
I let the chicken marinade for at least an hour to soak up the sauce. It goes on the grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
While the chicken is on the grill I heat up the other half of our Asian marinade in a small saucepan until it’s thick and can coat the back of a spoon.
Love this Grilled Asian Chicken? Here are some of my favorite chicken recipes!
Grilled Asian Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, chili sauce, sriracha, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Place the chicken in a large plastic ziploc bag. Pour in half of the asian marinade. Seal the bag and toss to coat chicken.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Cook chicken on the grill flipping half way through until fully cooked (about 8 minutes depending on thickness).
- Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.