Air Fryer Chicken Breast is quick and easy, and results in juicy and tender chicken with a slightly crispy exterior! Seasoned to perfection and perfectly cooked, this juicy chicken can be served with all of your favorite sides for a healthy and protein-packed meal!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
The Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
Let’s be honest. On busy weeknights, the last thing that we want to do is cook something complicated! This air fryer chicken breast recipe is one of my go-to recipes when I need something nutritious but super easy to make. It is great to make at the beginning of the week and have as a base for your meal prep!
I season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and paprika! Feel free to do you own combination! (Lemon pepper would be amazing!) Cooking chicken breasts in the air fryer is super fast AND It creates juicy chicken with a golden brown crust that is to die for.
- Chicken: I used two large chicken breasts and sliced them into four thinner slices. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken breast if you prefer!
- Olive Oil: Or your choice of cooking oil. I like the flavor the olive oil adds!
- Spices: I used a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and salt. This combo adds a lot of flavor and is versatile enough to pair with a plethora of sides!
How to cook chicken breasts in the air fryer
- Preheat: Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Grease the metal insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the Chicken: Cut the chicken in half so as to butterfly it. Then you will end up with four thinner pieces of chicken breast which will cook more evenly and more quickly.
- Combine Spices: In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika and salt.
- Season Chicken: Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Air Fry: Air fry for 6 minutes. Flip and air fry for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This typically depends on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- Serve: Allow the chicken to rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing and serving! Enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Spice it up! If you want to add a little bit of spice to your chicken, add a dash of cayenne pepper to your spice blend! You could also make your own seasoning combo! Lemon pepper, or ranch seasoning sprinkled on top would be amazing!
- Make sure to slice the chicken breast into thinner pieces! If you cook the full chicken breast without slicing them in half lengthwise, they will take longer to cook and can dry out more quickly!
- Use what you have! If you don’t have chicken breast on hand, you can use chicken thighs instead. Just make sure to cook the chicken until it has an internal temperature of 165 F, which might take a little longer depending on the size of the chicken.
Juicy air fryer chicken breast can be used to make so many different meals. It is great to meal prep at the beginning of the week and serve on salads, in wraps, or even make sandwiches for a high protein lunch option!
They are also excellent to make on a busy weeknight and serve with all of your favorite sides! I highly recommend serving it with some of these:
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Warm German Potato Salad
- Roasted Asparagus
- Garlic Pasta
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta
- Air Fryer Fried Rice
- Best Dinner Rolls
- Honey Roasted Carrots
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get super juicy chicken?
This chicken breast in the air fryer will turn out pretty juicy no matter what, as long as you don’t overcook it! If you want to ensure that your chicken turns out nice and moist, you can brine the chicken breast in salt water for about 30 minutes before cooking it. The salt in the water will absorb into the chicken, resulting in flavorful and juicy chicken. Just make sure to pat the chicken dry well before putting it into the air fryer!
How do I know when my chicken is cooked through?
The best way to check if you chicken is fully cooked through is to use a meat thermometer! The internal temperature of the chicken should be at 165 F. If it passes this temperature, the chicken will become dry so try not to overcook it!
How should I store leftover chicken?
To store any leftover air fryer chicken breast, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through, or toss it cold onto salads!
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Try
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Chicken Shawarma
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Chicken Teriyaki
- Chicken Puttanesca
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees. Grease the metal insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika and salt.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Air fry for 6 minutes. Flip and air fry for an additional 2-3 more minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This typically depends on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- Allow the chicken to rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing and serving!