Super Easy Churro Waffles! Soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They taste just like a churro!
These waffles are everything you love about a churro but in waffle form. Who says your breakfast can’t taste like dessert! These Churro Waffles are light and crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
After the waffles finish cooking I brush them with a little melted butter than sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar!
I have always been a fan of crispy waffles. To make sure the waffles were not soggy I added cornstarch to the batter to keep the waffles nice and crispy. I also like to place them in a 200 degree oven when they are done cooking to make sure they stay crispy while the rest are cooking. I also like to make sure I place my waffles in a single layer when they are finished cooking. Stacking them on top of one another when they are warm makes them loose their crispiness.
Treat yourself to a big stack of these Churro Waffles!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, egg whites and yolks separated
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg yolks until combined.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment add egg whites and sugar and beat on medium high until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the egg whites to the batter.
- Cook batter in waffle iron according to manufactures directions.
- In a medium shallow bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- When the waffles are done brush each of them with the melted butter.
- Dip each waffle in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately with syrup if desired.