These super easy Cream Cheese Truffles are the perfect balance of rich and decadent. Beautifully bite sized, only 4 ingredients needed, and zero baking required, these homemade chocolate truffles are a delicious holiday treat everyone can enjoy!
Easy Cream Cheese Truffles
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. Really, who said that delicious desserts have to take hours to prepare, anyway? Give yourself the break you deserve and your friends and family a treat they will love with this quick and easy holiday dessert recipe.
These cream cheese truffles are amazing because they taste absolutely delicious — but they are also insanely easy to make, require no baking, only need four ingredients and are prepared in just one bowl! Honestly, the most difficult part is melting the chocolate chips at 30 second intervals in the microwave. It doesn’t get much easier than that — so, who’s in?
My homemade truffles are made of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed with cream cheese, then topped with powdered sugar and cocoa powder. This easy recipe makes 16 bite-sized truffles and can easily be doubled or tripled (or more!) depending on how many you want to make. All of the ingredients in this cream cheese truffle recipe get mixed and chilled in one bowl and then rolled into cute, bite-sized truffles.
And if you’re looking for sweet holiday treats to gift to friends, family or neighbors, keep in mind that truffles make the perfect gift or dessert and require such little effort! They are also a welcome snack when you are craving something sweet — so don’t forget to keep some for yourself, too. Consider pairing them with my Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters for a mouthwatering chocolate combination.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: You can substitute dark chocolate chips if you want the truffles to be richer and less sweet.
- Cream cheese: Is softened to room temperature then added with the melted chocolate.
- Powdered sugar: Keeps the filling smooth and not gritty. Granulated sugar can not be substituted.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: Is added to control the amount of sweetness.
How to make Easy Cream Cheese Truffles
- Melt the chocolate: To make these truffles, start by melting your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until fully melted.
- Combine wet ingredients: Once melted, add the chocolate to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix with your softened cream cheese until combined and smooth.
- Add in dry ingredients: Slowly mix in powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Divide your mixture: Roll into 16 truffles and top with your favorite toppings, like shredded coconut, cocoa powder, powdered sugar or (my personal favorite) dipped in chocolate and then rolled in pecans.
- Store or serve: Store the truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve! This recipe is also easy to make ahead of time and freeze.
- Powdered Sugar, Cocoa Powder, or Shredded Coconut: To top your truffles with these delicious ingredients, simply place them each in small bowls and roll one truffle at a time in the mixture to coat.
- Dipped in melted chocolate + coconut oil: This creates a candy shell with the truffle as a nice, soft center. Trust me, it is so good.
- Dipped in melted chocolate + peanut butter: Are you a Reese’s fan? Think about this — peanut butter chocolate truffle. Surely, it won’t disappoint!
- Chopped pecans or walnuts: To cover your truffles in chocolate and pecans or walnuts (or any other nuts), melt chocolate in the microwave, then roll the truffles in the melted chocolate and finally roll in the pecans.
- Crushed Oreos: What dessert ISN’T made better by Oreos? I like to put several of the cookies in a plastic ziplock bag then crush with a rolling pin. For the truffles, make sure the Oreo pieces are finely crushed — they will stick in the chocolate better this way!
Love these truffles? Here are more desserts you’ll love:
- S’mores Mouse with Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
- Easy S’mores Bars
- The BEST Brownies
- No Bake Chocolate Cookies
Easy Cream Cheese Truffles
These super easy Cream Cheese Truffles are the perfect balance of rich and decadent. Beautifully bite sized, only 4 ingredients needed, and zero baking required, these truffles are a delicious holiday treat everyone can enjoy!
Easy Cream Cheese Truffles
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chocolate
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- toasted shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- chopped pecans
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 seconds increments until fully melted.
- Add melted chocolate and cream cheese to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Roll into 16 truffles and top with your favorite toppings.
- For powdered sugar and cocoa powder: Simply place them each in small bowls and roll one truffle at a time in the mixture to coat.
- For chocolate covered truffles: Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Dip each truffle in chocolate then sprinkle with chopped pecans or shredded coconut.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.