Delicious slow cooker honey sriracha chicken is packed full of sweet, tangy flavors. Perfect when served over rice or noodles, these mouthwatering super tender chicken thighs are cooked low and slow in a homemade honey garlic Sriracha sauce.
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
These slow cooker chicken thighs are a super easy weeknight meal that comes together in just a few minutes. The homemade honey garlic Sriracha sauce is actually very similar to my honey garlic chicken that everyone loves! I used a combination of soy sauce, ketchup, Sriracha and a juice of one lime to adapt the recipe ingredients into a sauce.
Loaded with flavor and super easy to whip up, these chicken thighs turn out incredibly tender and juicy. To get them there, I simply seasoned the chicken and let the slow cooker work its magic for 2-3 hours on high. I also like to brown the chicken thighs before adding them to the slow cooker because it adds so much flavor to the chicken!
NOTE: If cooking the chicken on low, let cook for 5-6 hours.
- Chicken thighs
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
How to make Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Sear chicken: First, you will need to heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. When hot, add the chicken thighs and sear until golden brown on both sides This took about 2-3 minutes per side. Once seared, transfer the chicken thighs to the slow cooker. Be careful not to overload the skillet. I actually had to sear my chicken thighs in two batches.
- Make the sauce: Next, combine ketchup, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, Sriracha and garlic in a medium-sized mixing bowl to create the sauce. When well combined, pour the sauce over your chicken and toss to coat.
- Cook: Now it is time to cover and cook your slow cooker honey sriracha chicken on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve: It’s finally time to eat! Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Rice: I love to serve this chicken with white or brown rice to soak up some of the extra sauce. Fried rice actually goes really well with these chicken thighs, as well. For a low carb option try regular cauliflower rice or my fan favorite cauliflower fried rice recipe.
- Veggies: I’m always a fan of steamed vegetables — they’re the perfect side to any dish. Because there are so many flavors going on with this slow cooker honey sriracha chicken recipe, simple steamed veggies are a perfect, fresh compliment. And why not combine a few of these sides? You can’t go wrong with a delicious serving of Vegetable Fried Rice.
- Noodles: Take your pick, Chow mein or Lo mein, either way you go, it’s going to be absolutely delicious! Make a nice, quick bowl dinner by layering cut pieces of chicken on top of your noodles.
Freezer and Storage Instructions
- To Store: Place cooled chicken thighs in an airtight container or plastic bag, and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- To Freeze: You can freeze the chicken before or after it is cooked. I prefer freezing the chicken before it is cooked. This makes a great freezer meal for meal prep. Simply add all of the ingredients to a large ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Allow frozen chicken thighs to thaw in the fridge overnight, then come to room temperature on the counter. Then, place them on a baking sheet and place in a 275-degree oven until warmed through. You can use the broiler to try and re-crispy the skin, but it is unlikely to get as crispy as the first time it was prepared. You can also reheat in an air fryer on medium heat for 10 minutes or so, until warmed through and crispy.
Here are more delicious chicken recipes to try!
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Honey Barbecue Chicken Bites
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken
- 20 Minute Sriracha Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
Perfect with rice or noodles, this super tender slow cooker honey sriracha chicken is covered in a homemade honey garlic Sriracha sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in and skin on
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha depending on how spicy you'd like it
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- green onions for garnish if desired
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken (I had to do it in two batches) and sear until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine ketchup, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sriracha and garlic.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish, if desired..