This Toasted Ravioli Recipe makes the perfect appetizer and is so addicting! Cheese raviolis are breaded then fried until golden brown and crispy! These taste so much better then the store bought or restaurant version and are surprisingly super simple to make!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we'll send it straight to your inbox! You will also receive other new recipes in your inbox weekly!
Toasted Ravioli Recipe
I just found my new favorite appetizer! These Toasted Raviolis are so delicious and addicting. If you have ever tried the toasted raviolis from Olive Garden these are just like them!
They are also super easy to throw together making them an awesome appetizer to serve at a party. There’s barely any prep time and I always seem to have these ingredients on hand! Simply take your favorite raviolis (I did cheese), and dip them in an egg and milk mixture then in herb breadcrumbs. The raviolis get deep fried for 3-4 minutes or until they are golden brown. That’s it!
5 star rating
“These were as good as they look!” – Chris
These homemade toasted ravioli make a great appetizer, snack, or light meal. And they’re kid-approved! Serve with marinara sauce for dipping! These are also amazing served with pesto or an aioli for dipping!
Toasted Ravioli Ingredients
- Cheese Ravioli: I used frozen store-bought ravioli just to keep things easy, but you can use any ravioli you like. Pesto, beef or chicken would all be amazing. If you don’t have raviolis on hand make this with tortellini!
- Italian Breadcrumbs: Make the breading so crunchy! You can also just Panko but I personally prefer Italian breadcrumbs because they are finer and have more flavor!
- Herbs and seasonings: These breadcrumbs are loaded with herbs! I add freshly chopped parsley, freshly chopped oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Change up the herbs and seasonings as you like! If you don’t have fresh parsley or oregano substitute 1/2 tsp dried of each.
- Milk: I used whole milk but use whatever you have on hand.
- Eggs: Are added to the wet ingredients to help the breading stick to the raviolis.
- Oil: For deep frying. Any neutral oil like canola, vegetable or peanut oil will work!
How To Make Toasted Ravioli
- Step one: Combine your milk and eggs in a shallow bowl. Next add your breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder to another shallow bowl.
- Step two: Dip raviolis into the egg mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture making sure to coat both sides.
- Step three: Place the breaded ravioli on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Step four: Meanwhile fill a large pot with at least 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Step five: Remove ravioli from the freezer. Working in small batches cook the raviolis for 3-4 minutes.
- Step six: Place the raviolis on a plate lined with paper towels and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Step seven: Serve immediately with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, parsley and your favorite dipping sauce!
Bake these raviolis in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on both sides and crispy.
storage and reheating instructions
- Refrigeration Instructions: You can store leftover toasted ravioli in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: In the air fryer or oven until heated through and crispy.
frequently asked questions
Can You freeze toasted raviolis?
Absolutely! Once the ravioli is breaded transfer it to a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Transfer to a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 2 months!
What should I serve with toasted ravioli?
Should I use fresh or frozen raviolis?
I have used both fresh refrigerated raviolis as well as frozen raviolis. It’s very difficult to tell the difference between the two. I would go with what you can find in the supermarket or what you have on hand! Either way they are going to be delicious!
More Appetizer Recipes
- Spicy Chipotle Guacamole
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Hoisin Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Sriracha Meatballs
- Crab Toast
- Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 pound bag cheese ravioli, frozen
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- chopped fresh parsley for serving, if desired
- marinara sauce for serving, if desired
- Add milk and eggs to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.In another shallow bowl add breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder and stir to combine.Dip raviolis into the egg mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture making sure to coat both sides.
- Place the breaded ravioli on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile fill a large pot with at least 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Remove ravioli from the freezer. Working in small batches cook the raviolis for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the raviolis on a plate lined with paper towels and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and marinara sauce, if desired.